The Amazing World of Doctor Who.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Anybody Want the full set to date
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 20:13 by FullSetToDateSeller

» 150 - The Valeyard
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptyMon 18 Mar 2019 - 18:37 by The Eternal Dalek

» Future figures
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 2:01 by The Eternal Dalek

» Series 11 soundtrack
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:38 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Doctor Who magzine 2018
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:28 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Fourth Doctor/Sarah Jane Smith
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptySat 15 Dec 2018 - 13:08 by The Eternal Dalek

» The Macra Terror.
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 8:11 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» 13th Doctor 5.5" figure
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 8:04 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» The Collection - Season 18 blu ray
Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 7:59 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor...

Go down

Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor... Empty Who I would've cast as the 13th Doctor...

Post by LastOfTheSonics Fri 24 Aug 2018 - 9:49

So I've made it clear several times that I'm still sceptical over this whole female Doctor and the 'true' reasons behind it. The BBC Controller's latest comment would seem to suggest that I've been right in what I was saying all along.

Many people have asked me who I personally would've cast as the 13th Doctor if i had the choice. I've given the same answer every time, and It's likely going to surprise you.

I would have cast: Tom Baker.

Now, hear me out. There are good reasons for this both in-universe and real-world. We already know from Day of the Doctor that at some point, the Doctor is going to revisit some of his "old favourites". It has been made evident by Tom Baker's cameo in the story that at some point the Doctor will regenerate into that face once again. But when exactly?

Well, given Tom Baker's age, it is likely that he is going to retire soon - Or even more tragically, he could depart from this life altogether. If either scenario happens, we won't ever have the chance to see him in his 'Curator' incarnation ever again. So perhaps now would have been the right time to cast Tom Baker, and any other of the "old favourites", while he still has the opportunity to return to the role - Then, bring on newer and younger actors afterwards. 

What could possibly be a better swansong for Baker other than returning to his biggest acting role? It would be excellent for both fans and the actor alike to have Tom in the role one last time, before moving on to brand new actors as well as this whole female Doctor thing. 

Thoughts?
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down