The Amazing World of Doctor Who.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Anybody Want the full set to date
The Next Doctor...  EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 20:13 by FullSetToDateSeller

» 150 - The Valeyard
The Next Doctor...  EmptyMon 18 Mar 2019 - 18:37 by The Eternal Dalek

» Future figures
The Next Doctor...  EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 2:01 by The Eternal Dalek

» Series 11 soundtrack
The Next Doctor...  EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:38 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Doctor Who magzine 2018
The Next Doctor...  EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:28 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Fourth Doctor/Sarah Jane Smith
The Next Doctor...  EmptySat 15 Dec 2018 - 13:08 by The Eternal Dalek

» The Macra Terror.
The Next Doctor...  EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 8:11 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» 13th Doctor 5.5" figure
The Next Doctor...  EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 8:04 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» The Collection - Season 18 blu ray
The Next Doctor...  EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 7:59 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

The Next Doctor...

3 posters

Go down

The Next Doctor...  Empty The Next Doctor...

Post by LastOfTheSonics Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 17:36

Not the episode, the actual NEXT doctor. Making this sticky as it will be added to over time, and eventually the real replacement will be confirmed here too. 

I really couldn't care who it is to be honest. All the actors I've heard in the line up I'll be ok with. But seriously, Rory Kinnear? Again? Hasn't he been rumoured ever since 2009? When we were speculating who the ELEVENTH doctor would be?  

Personally, I think it would be nice to see... a Degeneration. Hear me out, the Curator is a future incarnation of the Doctor who himself outright says that the Doctor will revisit "the old favourites". A cameo Tom Baker scene to fill in the Curator's point in the timeline would be nice, but the fact that "favourites" is written in plural makes me think there could be other Doctors that could return. And in all honesty, I rather hope to see... Matt Smith. Yes I know it's unlikely, but I'm fairly confident 11 is one of the Doctor's favourite incarnations as that's where everything "big" happened (Trenzalore, The War Doctor, Gallifrey being saved, the new Dalek Paradigm etc.)

However, there is one particular type of Doctor I don't want to see under ANY circumstances. A woman. Don't call me Sexist. Listen here, could a female Doctor ACTUALLY work? Do you really think a female protagonist and a female companion would be a "heroic" matchup? Would a male being a companion be a "heroic" matchup? No. It would just be silly. And if you want proof, go and watch the new Ghostbusters film. Even more to the point, casting a female Doctor wouldn't be about change, it would be about Controversy and Symbolism like the General's regeneration. A Caucasian man becoming a black woman is just a casting coincidence isn't it? Definitely not controversy. Rolling Eyes

Thoughts?
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

The Next Doctor...  Empty Re: The Next Doctor...

Post by The Eternal Dalek Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 18:45

As I've said elsewhere, a female Doctor could work but there's so many things that would be required it would be hard to keep everyone on track and a few writers might enter questionable territory.

You would need an exceptional actress, not just a flavour of the month. There's a reason why to date only one woman has ever made the long lists.
The Eternal Dalek
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 18:56

And it should stay that way. I swear to it I will flat out remove myself from having anything to do with Doctor Who if they cast a lead female. I won't watch the show anymore, I'll get rid of all my merchandise, everything.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 19:12

Read this article here.

Literally, I just... no offense, but if that person really becomes the next doctor, so help the show.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 20:41

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Read this article here.

Literally, I just... no offense, but if that person really becomes the next doctor, so help the show.

Not a fan or just because she's a woman? Given some of the suggestions out there she's definitely one of the better choices provided.

I will throw something out there for your consideration. If the Doctor had already been a woman in the past, would this be an issue now? Honestly if Joanna Lumley had been picked in 1987 I think the situation would be very different today.
The Eternal Dalek
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 21:01

The Eternal Dalek wrote:
LastOfTheSonics wrote:Read this article here.

Not a fan or just because she's a woman? Given some of the suggestions out there she's definitely one of the better choices provided.

I will throw something out there for your consideration. If the Doctor had already been a woman in the past, would this be an issue now? Honestly if Joanna Lumley had been picked in 1987 I think the situation would be very different today.
Both really. I'm not a fan of her to be honest, and I've established that I'm opposed to a female doctor. 

If the Doctor had been a woman already, it probably wouldn't be as big an issue. But he/she/it hasn't, and I just don't think now is the right time to bring in this change. I get it, they're "rebooting" the show, but all the new fans who hope on board are going to be unaware of the Doctor's previous incarnations. Although I understand that if there isn't a female lead, there's just going to be radical feminism everywhere.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 9:12

I think Peter Capaldi is just joking. I think he would rather a man.  TED if they had cast a female Doctor in 1987 then I would of given up then.

Its all Tom Bakers fault though this talk of a woman Doctor, when he was leaving he was in a car with producer John Nathan Turner to a press conference, he said to JNT to not to say anything, so when he got there he said I wish my successor all the best whoever he or she might be...

No need for a female Doctor, if so then why not a female Sherlock? James Bond? Darth Vader? Harry Potter???

This is what Terrance Dicks classic who writer said in the recent DWM on the matter and on a black actor becoming the Doctor.
The Next Doctor...  16473925_1822254781365009_1477064049772456059_n
The Next Doctor...  16406550_1822254778031676_1895694495168767660_n
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

https://doctorwhotoys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 16:24

I know that by saying this I'm bound to be called racist because society doesn't even know how to use that word in context anymore, but I think the Doctor should always be from the United Kingdom. 

It's a British show, and everyone has grown use to a British hero. I think making it an American or Asian would just mess up how fans think of the Doctor. It's really the same case a female doctor. If you want to do any of these things BBC, you have companions! And right now you've got a pretty useless one *COUGH* Nardole.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 22:27

I been watching the series 8 box set, on one of the extras the ultimate time lord Peter Davison speaks to Andy Pryor casting director and explains what they look for. I think it will be someone we won't expect.

However I was struck how much Peter Capaldi loved the show...seems strange he wants to leave, mind you he has been messed around.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 23:40

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:I think Peter Capaldi is just joking. I think he would rather a man.  TED if they had cast a female Doctor in 1987 then I would of given up then.

Its all Tom Bakers fault though this talk of a woman Doctor, when he was leaving he was in a car with producer John Nathan Turner to a press conference, he said to JNT to not to say anything, so when he got there he said I wish my successor all the best whoever he or she might be...

No need for a female Doctor, if so then why not a female Sherlock? James Bond? Darth Vader? Harry Potter???

This is what Terrance Dicks classic who writer said in the recent DWM on the matter and on a black actor becoming the Doctor.
The Next Doctor...  16473925_1822254781365009_1477064049772456059_n
The Next Doctor...  16406550_1822254778031676_1895694495168767660_n

If JK Rowling had Harry pop a polyjuice potion and turn into a woman within the story, nobody would care.

So long as they avoid political correctness or pandering I have no issues with it. If the right woman comes along let her have it.

I am very concerned by the number of people who have concerns over race though. They were considering a "black" or "Arabian" Doctor even back in 1966! A black actor was even offered the role of the Eleventh Doctor but turned it down. Race shouldn't be a problem and frankly I think that is the big one to get out of the way before a female Doctor.
The Eternal Dalek
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 9:08

But no one is saying Harry Potter should be Henrietta Potter...as for what colour the Doctor is, no problem with me..just as long as they are a good actor and its not done for political correctness.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 14:42

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:But no one is saying Harry Potter should be Henrietta Potter...as for what colour the Doctor is, no problem with me..just as long as they are a good actor and its not done for political correctness.

And I don't think anyone is wanting the Doctor fundamentally shifted to a woman, just that an actress is capable of playing the role as already established and fully following the rules of the established universe.

For all people hate Steven Moffat's writing there's one thing he did absolutely perfectly and that was to find the quintessential Doctor. You write to that template and any Doctor can use it. Look up the clip of Sylvester McCoy reading the Pandorica speech or have a look through a transcript of The Night of the Doctor and picture Tom Baker complaining about the lack of knitting. You get that right and you just need to find a good Doctor that can carry it off.

Keep that underlying Doctor the same and whoever is playing that role be they man or woman, white or black, old or young, human or CGI snake, will be able to carry it off. Steven Moffat had most of his first series written before casting had even begun, I believe it may be in Chris Chibnall's best interest to do the same thing THEN decide if he wants a woman or not because he'll have everything pretty much ready to go already and not be so tempted to start twisting it into any "PC agenda" or whatever the press would like to attack him with.
The Eternal Dalek
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 15:50

Its also down to the BBC...
Moffat did good but the complex stories and leaving plots unanswered for years annoyed the audience..
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down