The Amazing World of Doctor Who.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Anybody Want the full set to date
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 20:13 by FullSetToDateSeller

» 150 - The Valeyard
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptyMon 18 Mar 2019 - 18:37 by The Eternal Dalek

» Future figures
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 2:01 by The Eternal Dalek

» Series 11 soundtrack
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:38 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Doctor Who magzine 2018
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:28 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Fourth Doctor/Sarah Jane Smith
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptySat 15 Dec 2018 - 13:08 by The Eternal Dalek

» The Macra Terror.
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 8:11 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» 13th Doctor 5.5" figure
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 8:04 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» The Collection - Season 18 blu ray
Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 7:59 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11

2 posters

Go down

Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 Empty Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11

Post by LastOfTheSonics Tue 29 May 2018 - 20:12

Thought it may be time to start a thread on this, just discussing the upcoming series.

Now, having been very active on social media recently, I will say I know two very big spoilers about the upcoming series, neither of which I shall reveal. However, I can assure you that both of them automatically make the new series exciting already. Some of you may already know what they are too, but out of respect I will not say anything beyond that. 

As for speculation and rumours, I'm really hoping to see at least one classic villain return this year. Not one that was brought back in the new series like Daleks or Cybermen (although I still want to see them as well), I mean a villain that hasn't been seen since pre-2005 entirely.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 Empty Re: Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11

Post by Dalek Wed 30 May 2018 - 8:15

Mainly hoping for a big merchandise boom again, stuff in every shop, random tat with the logo slapped on, just to make it the most visible that the show's back and it's changed.
Dalek
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11 Empty Re: Hopes, Speculation and Rumours for Series 11

Post by LastOfTheSonics Wed 30 May 2018 - 14:39

Dalek wrote:Mainly hoping for a big merchandise boom again, stuff in every shop, random tat with the logo slapped on, just to make it the most visible that the show's back and it's changed.

Oh yes, I would love to see that again. Like way back in the Tennant era when every Toys R Us had a 'Who' wall. What I wouldn't give to go back to those times...
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Thu 31 May 2018 - 7:47

I'm glad they're promoting the history of the show as well though rather than ignoring it, like the Twitch marathon, Blu-ray re-releases, Big Finish becoming more visible, more classic features in DWM, etc. Hopefully this will be the first time new and classic Who can truly exist alongside each other.
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Thu 31 May 2018 - 8:41

Yes I was thinking the same thing actually. In my opinion, THIS series is the big reboot for the show - which is what they branded Series 10 to be which it really wasn't at all (No merch relaunch, resurrection of Mondasian Cybermen, departing lead cast and showrunner etc.)

Another rumour is that once the Twitch marathon is over, the Series 11 'reveal' trailer will be released. The rumour about this trailer is that it reveals a major character's return, though this should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Thu 31 May 2018 - 19:52

I'm really enjoying the Twitch marathon at the minute, hopefully they do New Who shortly after, probably with SJA, Torchwood and Class seeing as they're doing K-9 and Company with the classics. Doubt they'd get the Australian K-9. It's so good though to see other fans in my generation watching and appreciating early Who, "London 1965!" has to be one of the best memes in recent times.
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Thu 31 May 2018 - 20:06

Dalek wrote:I'm really enjoying the Twitch marathon at the minute, hopefully they do New Who shortly after, probably with SJA, Torchwood and Class seeing as they're doing K-9 and Company with the classics. Doubt they'd get the Australian K-9. It's so good though to see other fans in my generation watching and appreciating early Who, "London 1965!" has to be one of the best memes in recent times.

The moment you mentioned Twitch, that meme was my first thought. That's been my favourite part of the chat is just emphasising the "1965" and "He Knows" memes. It's such an enjoyable experience as well because you aren't just watching the episode, you're sharing the moment with thousands of others just like you.

I doubt they will do new Who due to its' availability on many other platforms like Netflix and Amazon Video.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Fri 1 Jun 2018 - 7:43

Don't forget "Time doesn't go round and round" and "Speak up, I can't hear you!" (alright, they're not as popular, but they're still good). I wonder if the other Doctors' trailers will have much meme potential?
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Fri 1 Jun 2018 - 7:51

I think for the third doctor we're likely to get "I reversed the polarity of the neutron flow".

That reminds me, each doctor of the new series has had a catchphrase. 9 was "fantastic!", 10 was "alonsy!" , 11 was "Geronimo". I suppose 12 didn't really have a catchphrase, but his doctor had some more deeper and meaningful quotes, especially in heaven sent. So I wonder what Jodie's catchphrase will be?
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Sun 3 Jun 2018 - 9:39

Many people seem to be saying the trailer will air during the world cup on 18th June. These people also seem to be saying the series will premiere on the 6th October, with no Christmas special this year. The trailer is also rumoured to confirm (obviously) the Daleks return, as well as the Sontarans (highlight to reveal SPOILERS)

Believable I think. I think it's also reasonable to assume that the "big character/s" reveal will be in this trailer. Logically, if the BBC want to film without fans taking pictures on set and spoiling it, they would have to put anything spoilerific in the trailer so that they can film the rest of the series more freely. The largest rumour at the moment is that Captain Jack is returning and Gwen Cooper as well (highlight to reveal SPOILERS).
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down