The Amazing World of Doctor Who.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Anybody Want the full set to date
Journey's Beginning EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 20:13 by FullSetToDateSeller

» 150 - The Valeyard
Journey's Beginning EmptyMon 18 Mar 2019 - 18:37 by The Eternal Dalek

» Future figures
Journey's Beginning EmptySun 20 Jan 2019 - 2:01 by The Eternal Dalek

» Series 11 soundtrack
Journey's Beginning EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:38 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Doctor Who magzine 2018
Journey's Beginning EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:28 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Fourth Doctor/Sarah Jane Smith
Journey's Beginning EmptySat 15 Dec 2018 - 13:08 by The Eternal Dalek

» The Macra Terror.
Journey's Beginning EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 8:11 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» 13th Doctor 5.5" figure
Journey's Beginning EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 8:04 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» The Collection - Season 18 blu ray
Journey's Beginning EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 7:59 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Journey's Beginning

3 posters

Go down

Journey's Beginning Empty Journey's Beginning

Post by Dalek Sat 9 Sep 2017 - 19:14

"I don't understand."
"I told you-when the Doctor's dying, he, um, regenerates. Gets a new body."
"Just like that?"
"Yep."
"But he looks younger. How can he be younger?"
"Are you alright, Donna?"
"Don't you dare use my name."
"But,"
"Don't 'but' me, spaceman! Only the Doctor can use that name, the real Doctor, the proper skinny one. No amount of pseudo-scientific nonsense is gonna convince me you're him."
"I am the Doctor."
"I wish I could believe you."
"Trust me..."

Journey's Beginning-
What if the Tenth Doctor regenerated when he was meant to?
Coming soon...
Dalek
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Journey's Beginning Empty Re: Journey's Beginning

Post by LastOfTheSonics Sat 9 Sep 2017 - 20:53

Ooh very exciting. Loving the "spaceman" reference from Donna.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Sun 10 Sep 2017 - 19:38

Here's a second teaser...the first chapter, comprising the post-regeneration scene, should be on its way later this week.

"I'm sorry, but there's a slight chance this might not work?"
"You what?"
"Just don't get too attached to the new me just yet, eh?"
"Don't worry, spaceboy, you're good."
"But I came all this way just to find you."
"I know."
"Behold, Doctor! The destruction of your vehicle is almost complete! What do you feel, Doctor? Anger? Pain? Resentment?"
"I feel nothing."
"This is unacceptable. We will destroy your home, and you are unmoved? Explain!"
"Oh, no, sorry, mate. I feel sorry for this..."
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek Mon 11 Sep 2017 - 23:34

Good stuff.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

https://doctorwhotoys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 19:54

Chapter One is here! Please read and review!

Chapter One-
The universe was in ruins. In the space of less than twenty four hours, its rich history and variety seemed to be coming to an end, affecting the individuals and the masses simultaneously.
Across a tiny island known as the United Kingdom on an obscure planet called Earth, three of the most important people in the universe right now, some of the select few who had a chance of stopping the Daleks, were about to meet their untimely demise.
Sarah Jane Smith sat cowering behind the wheel of her Nissan Figaro, as the Daleks relentlessly chanted their infamous death cry.
Gwen Cooper and Ianto Jones screamed with pride and fear as they sent billions of bullets hopelessly cascading into a Dalek’s impenetrable shell.
And meanwhile, the tenth incarnation of the Doctor breathed his last as he was submerged by a sea of flames. As Captain Jack pulled Rose Tyler and Donna Noble close to his chest, a scream erupted from the volcano as a new Doctor was born.
As the youthful figure took his first gasps of air, his eyes shot downwards, as he looked at his first sight in this new body-his legs.
“Legs!” he exclaimed, kissing his right kneecap. “I’ve still got legs! Good.”
He explored every crevice of his new body, ejaculating excitingly as he discovered everything was still in order.
“Good! Arms, hands, ooh! Fingers, lots of fingers. Ears, yes, eyes, two. Nose...”
He felt the protruding objects sticking out of his face.
“I’ve had worse. Chin-blimey! Hair...”
He pulled his floppy fringe right down to his eye line, ripping individual strands out as he despaired to get a closer look at his new mop.
“I’m a girl!”
Spinning around, he spread his hands around one of the messy panels on the TARDIS console, looking for some sort of mirror.  He caught his face, albeit in a distorted view, on one of the many control plates which adorned the coral surface.
“No, no. I’m not a girl-and still not ginger!”
As the Doctor stared vainly at himself, he was oblivious to the eyes of Rose, Jack and Donna, staring at him with confusion and an odd mix of betrayal.
Donna’s face displayed her emotions the most, a hot flush of embarrassment.
“I don’t understand.” She whispered, as soon as she learnt to verbalise her thoughts.
“I told you,” Rose took her by the hands to reassure her, a slight hint of condescension in her voice. But Donna didn’t mind. At least she understood for once. “When the Doctor’s dying, he, um, regenerates. Gets a new body.”
“What, just like that?”
“Yep.”
“But he looks younger.” Donna let out the smallest sound of a sob. “How can he be younger?”
Donna dabbed at her eye swiftly with a finger, whilst Jack rolled the palm of his hand comfortingly around her back.
“Are you alright, Donna?” the Doctor asked, finally having stopped admiring his reflection. His face showed real concern, and his back hunched slightly as he walked towards her.
“Don’t you dare use my name.” Donna spat angrily at the imposter.
“But,” the Doctor started.
“Don’t ‘but’ me, spaceman! Only the Doctor can use that name, the real Doctor, the proper skinny one!” Donna’s voice rose higher and more furious with every word. “No amount of pseudo-scientific nonsense is gonna convince me you’re him.”
“Donna-I am the Doctor.” He assured her, grasping her raging hand tightly in his soft glove.
“I wish I could believe you.” Donna stopped shouting, her voice carrying the air of a fairy tale.
“Trust me.” He flashed a smile at her. It was so warm, and welcoming, she couldn’t help but return it, so she...no.
“I’m sorry, no, just no,” she withdrew her hand and folded her arms tightly into the fold of her brown leather coat. “But look at you, you’re just a big streak of nothin’, alien nothin’! You’re not even a man, you’re like a weird...space boy type of thing!”
The Doctor stood incredulous as Donna waved her hand up and down his body flippantly to indicate him as she spoke.
“Donna, I promise you, I will take some getting used to, but it will get better, I swear.” He stressed, adopting that comforting voice again.
“How?” she asked, her open voice betraying her combative body language.
“I don’t know.”
The Doctor looked on the verge of tears himself. He had lost his friend, and through no fault of his own. Donna looked deep within him, and saw the Doctor. The real Doctor. 906 years of wisdom, reflecting in one flash, the emotion, the fear, the love, everything they had ever been through together and ever will.
“Doctor.” Donna forced herself to say his name. It was silent, delicate, and although it didn’t feel comfortable to her just then, it was right.
She opened her arms and strode towards the Doctor. As she welcomed him into her hug, the Doctor balanced his heavy chin on Donna’s shoulder. She craned her head to reach into his ear and as their warm bodies lingered, all she could manage to say was “Sorry.”

Last edited by Dalek on Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:47; edited 2 times in total
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 21:10

That was very well constructed. I loved the references from the Eleventh Hour too. Looking forward to how he's gonna cope with the Dalek fleet in post-regeneration crisis!
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Wed 13 Sep 2017 - 19:52

Thank you very much! No idea what happened with the formatting last night, my apologies, and I'll try and fix it now. In the meantime, here's chapter two! Nothing too different from the TV version, but hopefully a good read all the same.

Chapter Two-

Elsewhere across London, Sarah Jane Smith took the last gasp of her prolonged final breath. As she covered her face with her hands, and squished herself against the leather seat of her car, her life flashed before her eyes-not literally, of course, but she thought of everything she’d ever been through with the Doctor.

She’d defeated the Kraals, the Zygons, Sutekh, the Invincible Storm and her Entertainers of Fun Times and Jolly Days and here was her final end, brutally exterminated by a rogue pair of Daleks.

It was suitable really. She’d lived her whole life unexpectedly, why should her death be any different?

In a way, it was a perfect death for Sarah Jane. As well as being known for the most ruthless life form in the universe, Daleks are also known for taking the longest to kill you. Certainly, Sarah Jane wouldn’t have had time for so long an internal monologue if she’d been killed by a Sontaran.

As the Daleks screeched their last “Exterminate!” before they began to aim their weapons, two flashes of brilliant blue light materialised on either side of Sarah Jane’s Figaro. Although Sarah Jane couldn’t see them from her seat, she knew something had happened as she felt warm vibrations rippling through her car doors.

Sarah lowered her hands from in front of her face and the lights dissipated to reveal a familiar face to her, a man clad in black leathers and a less familiar face, a blonde woman, a similar height to Sarah, dressed stylishly in a blue frock coat. Both carried the same enormous weapon which resembled some futuristic gun. This suited the man’s appearance, not so much the woman’s.

Although still trapped in her car, Sarah could see the reflections of Mickey Smith and this other woman from her windscreen. As quickly as they had materialised, they aimed their heavy weapons which shot blinding lights from out of the nozzles, which impacted upon the pair of Daleks like a starving man descends on a hot meal.

The Daleks exploded ferociously, sending bronze debris scattering all over the street, and giving Sarah’s car a fair few scratches.

Gingerly, Sarah teased open her car door and looked at her old acquaintance Mickey with shock. She disregarded the other woman at first, a rude act which Sarah wouldn’t normally have done, but in her defence, she had no clue what was happening-she was just glad to be alive and see Mickey again.

As she looked at him, she uttered his name tenderly. She could scarcely believe he was here-well, it wasn’t so much it was here, it was more to do with how he was here, and how he’d come to own Torchwood classified weaponry and teleportation systems.

“Us Smiths gotta stick together!” was the only reply Mickey could make and although it wasn’t much, it was the best Sarah could get in these circumstances, and she was sort of glad for it.

She buried his head in his armpit happily, and he brought up his black gloved hand and caressed her shoulder carefully.

“Jackie Tyler, Rose’s Mum.” The feisty voice of the woman who’d joined them made Sarah’s head jerk up, and for the first time, she looked into the eyes of a woman who she knew was as determined as she was to put an end to all this, which she would never have suspected to look at her. “Now where the hell is my daughter?”
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 9:28

Good stuff Dalek. But try and sort out the first chapter please and maybe make this a sticky note when complicated as you know it can disappear .
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:42

Thanks, I'll get to fixing Chapter One now, I've no idea what happened there. Meanwhile, chapter three is now completed! Again, no real difference to the TV scene but have a good read anyway and please review!

Chapter Three

Meanwhile, a similar miracle had happened across the country, in a cavernous underground base buried deep within the heart of Cardiff Bay.

Gwen Cooper, like Sarah Jane before her, bellowed out what she regrettably knew would be the very last gasp of her final breath. As the last of the air left her lungs, and she prepared for the heavy impact of the Dalek’s death ray, she blinked in astonishment to find that nothing had happened.

But in reality, something amazing had happened and as Gwen took in her surroundings, with a newfound appreciation after her near death experience, she was overwhelmed to find herself looking at what she could only think of as an act of God, and not looking at the blood stained shirt she feared her last memory would be of.

Looking at her colleague Ianto Jones with the same continued look of bafflement, she lowered her defences, as did she, and strode tenderly towards the unexplained.

The Dalek stood frozen in the cog of the Torchwood Hub’s door, surrounded by a sea of bullets suspended in the air. Tiny lines of movement streaked from the ends of each one, stretching out until they came to a climax in front of Gwen and Ianto in an invisible, vague dome like shape.

Ianto raised a cautious eyebrow as Gwen brought her finger up to stroke the air surrounding the bullets. Time remained paused as her touch created a target effect in the invisible dome, circles rippling out from the end of one of the bullets.

Gwen and Ianto were both thinking the same thing, but Gwen was the one who aired their thoughts to the empty cave.

“What the hell?!”
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 8:53

Good...next part? Smile
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 19:52

Here's Chapter Four! As always, please read and review!

Chapter Four

In the TARDIS, the imposing cylindrical shape of the Time Rotor cast an imposing figure over Donna, Rose and Jack, sitting on the battered trio of seats adjacent to the central console studying this curious new figure.

The Doctor was still physically exploring his new body. After measuring the circumference of his belly button, and counting the amount of hairs on his fingertips, he had now lowered his shirt to the shoulder and was trying to lick off a birthmark.

“I still don’t get it.” Donna said abruptly, shocking Rose and Jack slightly from their self imposed silence.

“I thought you were okay with it?” Rose asked, a faint whisper of judgement in her tone.

“I am,” Donna started, but then forgot her words. “But the old Doctor was confident, y’know, and all that stuff. He’s just...weird.”

“The whole thing’s weird.” Rose laughed. “This is the second time I’ve been through this, and I’m still not sure I know what’s going on.”

“You think this is bad?” Jack smirked. “I’ve met all twelve of them-this new guy’s got nothing on ol’ sixie!” When Rose glanced at him with an unbelieving stare, he felt compelled to add “Time travel.”

“Right-o!” the Doctor clapped his hands, bringing all three companions’ heads snapping round to face him swiftly. He had covered his stained shoulder, and was now rubbing his hands together in the manner of a mad professor, whilst heading off towards a faraway corner of the TARDIS.

“Oi, spaceboy!” Donna yelled. “Where are you going?”

“Sorry!” the Doctor grinned, spinning round. “I’ve got to get a new costume.”

“Seriously?!” Donna put her hand on her hip. “There’s still Daleks outside, remember?”

“Yes! To hell with the skinny-boy!” He ran a disgusted stare down his outfit. “Don’t worry, I’ll be quick.”

He made off to the darker corner again, before spinning on his heel and heading towards his companions.

“Sorry, I’ve not said ‘hello’ yet, have I?” he asked, referring to Rose and Jack. “Hello, Jack.”

Jack gripped his hand tightly, and flashed his cheeky American smile at the Doctor.

“Hello, Rose.”

He secured Rose’s hand tenderly within his own, but she didn’t reciprocate as strongly. Her face left the Doctor with an impression that she was unhappy.

“I’m still the Doctor, you know?” the Doctor brought himself down slightly to Rose’s level. “Believe me.”

“It’s just-“ Rose started. “All we went through. You can’t expect me to just get used to you like that.” She demonstrated by clicking her fingers.

“I remember that.” The Doctor adopted that magical, fairytale voice again. “Adam Mitchell, worst companion ever? And the Mighty Jagrafess of the-“

“-Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe!” Rose finished off, giggling hyperactively.

“And this hand!” the Doctor ejaculated, bringing it up to Rose’s eyeline. “I lost in a sword fight with the Sycorax, Christmas Day! And here it is, eh? Isn’t that wizard?”

Rose was still giggling, shedding a slight tear at the warm memories invading her brain. Once she had stopped, she stared at the Doctor and gulped as she realised.

“You’re...still you?”

“I’m still me.”

The Doctor pulled Rose in tightly, so closely that her purple leather jacket threatened to dissolve into the Doctor’s slightly battered brown suit and become one huge entity.

As the Doctor and Rose rekindled their friendship, Donna turned to Jack, flipped her bright orange hair behind her air and grinned wildly.

“You can hug me, if you want.” Donna flirted. Awkwardly, Jack threw a slightly dirty laugh around in her throat. “No, really, you can hug me.” She added swiftly.
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 20:28

This is good stuff. I can actually envision Smith acting this out.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 11:43

Hi everyone, sorry I've not updated for a while, but I have been working on the fic whilst at uni, and as a reward for your patience, here's a mega chapter for you all, covering a fair chunk of the episode. As always, please read and review!

Whilst Jack was shrugging off Donna’s surprisingly confident flirting, his colleagues at Torchwood were faced with something of a more serious dilemma.

Ianto stood hunchbacked over one of the large computers bolted into the wall next to the bottom of the Torchwood Tower. Gwen’s curious eyes hovered over his shoulder as he scanned the information on the screen quickly with a slightly alarmed look on his face.

“It’s a time lock,” he announced, nodding towards where the Dalek was frozen, Gwen following his gaze. “The ultimate defence programme. Tosh was working on it.”

They both paused to remember their fallen colleague. It had been some time now since both she and Owen had died, but the memory still lived freshly in their minds.

“Never thought she finished it, but she did.” Ianto continued. “The Hub’s sealed in a time bubble. Nothing can get in.”

Gwen rotated fully towards the door and the realisation dawned on her.

“But that means we can’t get out.”

“Nope,” Ianto conceded sombrely, twisting like Gwen to stare at their Dalek prisoner. “Not without unlocking that Dalek. We’re trapped inside. It’s all up to Jack now.”

Gwen never liked to show her emotions. Despite her training in the Police force, she’d always thought of herself as a soldier, and soldiers got the job done. They didn’t stop to cry or think about the implications of what they had to do-they did what was right.

But this one time, Gwen focused her mind on a single prayer and, with crossed fingers, slid her hand gently into Ianto’s. She smiled as she felt that his fingers were crossed too.

Back in London, the blinding lights emanating from the imposing shape of the TARDIS cast shadows over the dead street it had landed in, the carcass of the Dalek who killed the Doctor illuminated heavily.

Debris was blown across the flagstones as, some short distance away, a small golden saucer landed with much fanfare, blue lights from underneath it competing with the TARDIS’ display. Four Daleks disembarked from the featureless surface and their domes rotated to survey the area.

“Report!”

There was a crackle of radio static as another Dalek’s voice, presumably that squadron’s commander, boomed from a larger ship which eclipsed the whole area of London.

“Report. There is a Dalek casualty in the vicinity. The damage caused suggested the weaponry used was not of this Earth.”

“We are aware that the Doctor and his associates are also in the vicinity. This is to be expected. Have you located his vessel?”

“Negative.”

The crackling ceased momentarily as the radio link was terminated. As the Daleks trundled down the street, their eyestalks grew more brightly as they spotted their prize. The crackling entered the air again, as the same Dalek made contact with the squadron leader again.

“Report. TARDIS has been located!”

“I will relay the news to the Supreme Dalek on the crucible!” the voice barked.

On the spherical command ship of the Dalek fleet, the Crucible, a crude video screen materialised in the grand honeycomb hall of the mothership. The Supreme Dalek raised its eyestalk to address the Squadron Leader.

The metallic black of the Squadron Leader’s casing would have made a visually pleasing contrast to the Supreme Dalek’s blood red armour, if the hundreds of serving Daleks littering the floor watching could appreciate beauty.

“Supreme,” the Leader screeched. “Squadron 13.4 has located the Doctor’s vessel!”

“Bring it here!” the Supreme Dalek’s trio of lights flashed angrily. “Bring the Doctor to me! Initiate the temporal prison!”

In the London Street, the Daleks had heard the Supreme’s message, and shot violent beams around the wooden frame in quick succession. The blue flashes of lightening coalesced into a shining ring which immersed the powerful box.

“Temporal prison initiated!” one Dalek put succinctly.

Inside the TARDIS, the once powerful lights died immediately. Rose, Jack and Donna sat bolt upright in their seats, slightly intimidated by the sudden darkness.

“Doctor?” Rose squealed, wincing in her tight purple jacket.

“Yes, Tyler?” the Doctor strode in confidently, dressed smartly in what his companions guessed would be his new outfit.

If you concentrated on his bottom half, it might be alright, Rose thought. A nice pair of tight fitting black jeans, well-polished brown boots. But as she raised her head, she cringed internally.

The Doctor’s chest was covered in a horrendously patterned shirt, with garishly bright braces strapping it down, and a matching bow tie strewn around the neck for good measure. If that wasn’t bad enough, he’d discarded his casually smart suit jacket for a tweed number designed by a first year fashion student, and a drop out one at that.

Also, he needed to cut his hair. He looked like a girl.

“The power’s gone.” Jack put succinctly. He felt he was the only one who couldn’t care less about the Doctor’s new look.

“Never mind that,” Rose interrupted. “What the hell is that?”

“What?” The Doctor scanned his body up and down.

“That!” Rose yelled. “God, did you steal those clothes from a hospital?”

“Hospitals are where all the best clothes are!” the Doctor said defensively.

“That’s what Granddad Prentice used to say. He probably died in that jacket. And what about the bow tie?!”

“Bow ties are cool.” The Doctor adjusted his new neck accessory tenderly.

“No they’re not.” Rose sniggered.

“Actually,” Donna contributed. “I think it kind of works. Heat’s saying that geek’s going to be the new black in 2010.”

“Hello, can we step away from the Vogue cover meeting?” Jack interrupted. “Look what’s happened, the Daleks have got us, haven’t they? Doctor, what is it?”

With a flick of his hair, the Doctor glided over to the monitor and, as he tapped at the screen, read the report which was being shown to him.

“Well, it is the Daleks, you’re right on that.” He leaned closer. “Some kind of chronon loop.”

With a violent jerk, the TARDIS tilted. The Doctor was sent on his back, his skin blistered by the razor sharp blades of the floor. His companions lurched backwards onto the seat, Jack opening his arms to hold Donna and Rose in the warm folds of his coat to prevent them bruising.

Outside, the temporal prison had evolved into a tube, which ended at the centre of the Crucible, although it would be impossible to see this from the point of view of anybody on Earth.

The TARDIS was sucked up by the tornado and as it flew up into the glittering majesty of space, its edges bashed against some of the harder planets it bumped into on the way, a Dalek once again re-established a radio link to report to the Squadron Leader.

“Transferring TARDIS to the Crucible!”

Watching all this from the burnt shell of a van crouched the two Smiths, Sarah Jane and Mickey, and Jackie. Mickey and Jackie simply looked at the scenario-they were experienced fighters, but mainly against Cybermen. They’d met the Daleks, but they hadn’t really fought them. Last time, they were both somewhat cowardly, and had been happy to let the Doctor and Rose deal with things.

But Sarah Jane was very experienced. As Mickey and Jackie started to work out their plans, Sarah had already thought up a novel’s worth of plot, and one which would hold up to detailed literary analysis at that. She’d fought Daleks before, as well as Zygons, Sontarans, Slitheen, Sutekh-basically, she’d lived through every villainous scheme in the universe and if there was one thing she’d learned, it was how to win.

“Those teleport things,” Sarah started, indicating the yellow disc hanging around her friends’ necks. “Can we use them? If they’ve taken the Doctor to the Dalek mothership, then that’s where we need to be.”

“It’s not just a teleport, it’s a dimension jump.” Mickey tapped the disc. “Man, this thing rips a hole in the fabric of space.”

“But can we use it?” Sarah asked again, slightly more hostile.

“Not yet.” Mickey replied. “It burns up energy. Needs half an hour between jumps.”

“Then put down your guns.” Sarah Jane ordered.

“Do what?” Mickey asked incredulously.

“If you’re carrying a gun, they’ll shoot you dead.” She barked. With a last look at her companions, she rose from her hiding place and strode towards the four Daleks which stood in a circle where the TARDIS had once been. “Daleks!” she shouted. “I surrender!”

All four of the Daleks’ domes span menacingly towards Sarah Jane as she raised her hands above her head and continued her suicide walk.

“All humans in this sector will be taken to the Crucible!” a Dalek screeched.

“She’s bloody mad!” Mickey whispered to Jackie from their hiding place, his arm wrapped around her protectively.

“Yeah, but Mickey, if they’ve got the Doctor, then they’ve got Rose.” Jackie looked up at Mickey and with a fierce determination, unhooked Mickey’s hand from her shoulder, tossed her heavy gun to the side and slid over the bonnet of the crispy van.

“And us!” Jackie raised her hands likewise. “We surrender!”

Damn it, thought Mickey, why did she have to say ‘us’? He knew that when the Daleks had turned to look at Jackie, they’d obviously seen him too.

Giving up hope, he kissed the barrel of his gun and discarded it, following Jackie’s actions and walking towards the four Daleks.

In another part of London, in a cosy little, unassuming home, the events which could potentially tear apart the universe were beginning to take place.

In Francine Jones’ cramped kitchen, beloved daughter Martha Jones strapped a cumbersome backpack to her shoulder, not that it would be visible camouflaged against her military jumpsuit-well, it wouldn’t be if it weren’t for the futuristic lights and gizmos bolted into it.

“Now, Jack’s explained the base code, I know how this teleport works.” Martha addressed her mother, continuing to fasten straps as she did so. “But you just stay indoors, there’s no Daleks on this street. You should be alright, just don’t worry, err, and keep quiet.”

“But where are you going?” Francine asked, tears welling in her eyes, mainly because she was upset, but also because she was angry.

This was Martha, her daughter, her secret favourite. Sure, Leo gave her a grandchild, and Tish had worked in the government, but they had settled. Martha was a Doctor and that still wasn’t good enough for her. She had so much potential. At least she did have until that damned Doctor came along and changed her, made her so secretive and Godless.

“I am a member of UNIT, and they gave me the Osterhagen key!” Martha shouted in a tone which took Francine aback. She sighed and lowered her tone. “I’m sorry. I’ve got to do my job.”

“Martha.” Francine outstretched her hand. “What’s an Osterhagen Key? Tell me. What does it do?”

Martha opened her mouth, a few wisps of breath escaping before she locked her lips and gulped, sending her words tumbling back down her throat.

“Love you.” She said softly and with the pull of a ripcord, she was eaten by a cascade of indigo lights, leaving only a rough outline of her boots in mud on the pristine kitchen tiles the only proof that she had ever been there.
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 17:08

Was waiting for the next part. This is brilliant as always  Smile
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 17:39

Thank you very much! I wasn't expecting to write any more today, but I decided to do the Germany scene as it's only short...or so I thought! As always, please read and share reviews!

Martha had travelled before, in so many different ways. By car, bike, ship, plane, TARDIS, spaceship, crate (that was not a fun night), but as she disintegrated and felt her molecules travel painfully through the uncertain blackness of space, she could definitively say that teleportation was the worst form of transport.

Mind you, it’s only to be expected when Project Indigo was salvaged from technology brought to you by the Sontarans, those great minds behind interplanetary warfare and a catchphrase which could potentially rival the Daleks in the ‘Most Repeated Phrase’ awards.

As Martha’s essence reconstituted into the humanoid shape she was happy to call ‘me’, her first feeling in this rebuilt form was of pain, as she felt a large bruise form on her buttocks as she was dropped to the ground from an uncertain height. Not as much pain as she’d felt during the journey, but painful pain nonetheless.

Martha blinked, her eyes adjusting to the darkness she found herself in. It had been evening back in London, and although Germany was ahead of Britain time wise, she couldn’t understand how it was so much darker here than it had been at home. She guessed it was something to do with the Daleks’ moving of the planet.

She took in her surroundings fully. Martha was seated on a muddy hill imprisoned within a never-ending forest full of giant trees. Many of them had uncharacteristically rough bark and as Martha felt one of them, she drew the conclusion the Daleks had been behind this.

With a flick of her wrist, she brought her UNIT comms watch up to her eye line, and swiped away at her screen until she found where she was. Germany, as she knew, 60 miles outside Nuremberg.

Well that wasn’t much help. How many places were there 60 miles outside of Nuremberg? It made sense though really. If nobody was meant to know about the Osterhagen Key and what it does, UNIT were hardly going to advertise where to use it, were they?

Then again, they did once place a sign outside the HQ telling any passing motorists they’ve stumbled upon the top secret headquarters of a military organization, as well as telling them the name of the head of the outfit for good measure. That was back in the 70s. Or was it the 80s?

Martha refocused her thoughts and hid behind the blasted remains of a tree as she heard familiar screeching from a clearing behind her.

“Exterminieren! Exterminieren!”

From her hiding spot, Martha saw a squadron of about five or six Daleks (she couldn’t be sure on the exact number, not without risking giving her position away). Their domes twisted relentlessly as their golden forms hovered eerily over the soil, the blue glow from their undercarriages illuminating the dead bodies of citizens hastily buried there.

Martha reluctantly held in her vomit as the Daleks continued their screaming.

“Halt! Sonst werden wir Sie exterminieren! Sie sind jetzt ein Gefangener der Daleks!”

Then, Martha had a thought. A terrifying thought. If the Daleks were speaking in German, then the TARDIS wasn’t nearby.

Sure, the TARDIS was bound to be in London anyway, but even so, the translation circuits should really be working for her at least, even this far out. All the artron energy which flowed in her blood had changed her. No matter what happened, she had an unbreakable telepathic link with the Doctor’s ship now, one which couldn’t be broken unless…

The TARDIS was really far away. Like, half the universe. Martha finally let the bushes hide her bile as she realised that she was truly alone, and all her hope vanished from within her.

Now she really would have to destroy the world. Sorry, Mum.

“Exterminieren. Exterminieren."
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 17:51

Love how you kept the German Daleks.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Wed 4 Oct 2017 - 11:31

Thank you, love the German Daleks too. Anyway, here's the next part, I think this will be the only update today but please review-there'll probably be more tomorrow!

Martha distracted herself, casting her mind back to the warm memories of the times she’d had in the TARDIS. That energetic Doctor, the radiance of the glamorous console room, the exciting unpredictability of their adventures. As she looked through her rose tinted glasses, she had no idea that, in reality, that world was gone.

As the TARDIS now hung in space, living on borrowed time with a crew who were extremely lucky to still be alive at this point, the Doctor stared harshly at a map on the monitor, Jack peering over his shoulder curiously.

Donna strained to see the map too, but the hulking form of Jack’s ripped body blocked the screen to her diminutive form. Not that she was complaining about Jack’s muscly temple.

“What’s happening?” she asked inquisitively.

“There’s a massive Dalek ship at the centre of the planets,” Jack answered, moving slightly for Donna to see and jabbing a finger at the map. “They’re calling it the Crucible. Guess that’s our destination.”

“You said these planets were like an engine.” Donna indicated, her mind struggling to keep up with the situation’s complexity. “But what for?”

Uncertain hums echoed around the TARDIS, the Doctor and Jack’s scientific minds racing competitively to provide a conclusive answer. Suddenly, the Doctor spun on his heel, something that was already becoming a habit of his, and addressed his blonde companion.

“Rose!” he grinned. “You’ve lived in a parallel world, a parallel world that is running ahead of the universe!” he began to slow down, as he realised he was probably talking too fast for his friends to hear. “You’ve seen the future. What was it like?”

“Um,” Rose started uncertainly. “It’s the darkness.”

“The stars were going out.” Donna contributed, partly to help the struggling Rose, but also to remind everybody she was still there-science was the only subject she wasn’t able to open her quick witted temp mouth in.

“One by one,” Rose again took up the reins, and Donna subtly rolled her eyes. “We looked up at the sky and they were just dying.”

The Doctor leaned against the console, his ears glued to Rose’s mouth.

“Basically, we’ve been building this, err…” Rose paused again. Like Donna, she could never fully understand the science. “…this travel machine, this, this, err, dimension cannon, so…” she titled her head downwards and began to blush. “…I could, well, so I could…”

The Doctor began to grin, the cocky half-moon complementing his rosy cheeks as he gave the impression of either an ego maniac or a teenage schoolboy who’s just had his first ‘adult’ kiss.

“What?” he prompted cheekily.

“So I could come back.” She concluded embarrassed. “Shut up!”

The smile vanished from the Doctor’s face as he folded his arms and replaced his face with a mock serious look.

“Anyway,” Rose continued. “Suddenly, it started to work, and the dimensions started to collapse. Not just in our world, not just in yours, but the whole of reality.” Her tone dropped. “Even the void was dead. Something is destroying everything.”

“In that parallel world, you said something about me.” Donna interrupted assertively.

“The dimension cannon could measure timelines,” Rose replied, turning to face her. “And it’s…it’s weird, Donna, but they all seemed to converge on you.”

Donna took a step back, both mentally and physically, her petite lips forming a small ‘o’ shape as she tried to comprehend the enormity of Rose’s statement.

“But why me? I mean, what have I ever done?” she laughed nervously. “I’m just a temp from Chiswick.”

Before Rose could reply, a faint beeping emanated from the monitor. Again, the Doctor’s heel propelled his body in the opposite direction, and tapped the map with his finger to stop the persistent rhythm.

“Wa-hey!” he grabbed the air in his tight fist. “The Dalek Crucible. All aboard!”

He put his grin on again and as he rotated, he changed to his confused face as he saw his companions didn’t share his excitement.
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Wed 4 Oct 2017 - 20:51

Loving this. I can imagine Smith's lines really accurately.
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 13:23

Here's today's chapter, and it's a big one! This will likely be finished in a week or two, I'm starting to get proper uni work now and I want to complete this before I start so it's not being a distraction. As always, please read and review! Thanks.

Outside, a circle of Daleks loitered around the now powerless block that was the TARDIS, studying its shape with malicious intent. One of the Daleks tightened its usually circular eye light into a hexagon to examine the minute detail, before reporting to the Supreme Dalek.

“The TARDIS is secured!”

The Supreme gently lowered its eyestalk to stare down at the Doctor’s ship from its imposing dais, and opened a radio link which cut through the impenetrable walls of the TARDIS interior.

“Doctor!” the voice boomed, slicing the serene air in the ship with the swiftness of a knife. “You will step forth, or you shall die!”

The rising tension was beginning to get to the Doctor and his companions inside. Only Rose and Jack displayed the slightest whiff of composure. The Doctor was jiggling about, his feet dancing constantly in his post-regenerative state, his fingers tapping furiously against his temples trying to work out some inkling of a plan.

“Doctor?” Jack’s American authority shook the Doctor, and he adopted a more appropriate body language. “What’s the plan?”

“Well, I’ve got a plan, but you’re not going to like it…” he started, Rose and Jack staring at him with enticing eyes. “We have to go out. Because if we don’t, they’ll get in.”

“What?” Rose’s voice rose as, for the first time, she showed she was scared. “You told me nothing could get through those doors.”

“You’ve got extrapolator shielding!” Jack reminded him. His voice was less scared, more furious.

“The last time we fought the Daleks, they were scavengers and hybrids and mad.” The Doctor waved his hand towards the ancient wooden doors of the TARDIS. “But this is a fully fledge Dalek empire, at the height of its power! They’re experts at fighting TARDISes, they can do anything!”

The Doctor slowed down his speech, and the next syllables to leave his mouth sent chills hammering around the body of all three of his companions, as well as himself.

“Right now, that wooden door is just wood.”

“What about your dimension jump?” Jack turned to Rose, grasping at the tiniest glimmers they had for any kind of hope.

“It needs another twenty minutes to recharge,” she answered. “And anyway, I’m not leaving!” she continued, a spark of disgust in her words.

“Ooh!” the Doctor’s finger shot up, denoting he had an idea. It was already clear the new Doctor would be a very physical one. “What about your teleport?” he asked Jack.

“Went down with the power loss.” He answered regrettably.

“Right then,” he scowled. “All of us together, yeah? Donna?”

And for the first time, they noticed their fiery red head rocking back and forth on the distressed pilot’s chair, her face covered with stained make up streaming down her cheeks.

“Donna?” the Doctor approached her, sitting down next to her causing barely a vibration across the trio of seats.

“Yeah?” her head shot up and she looked him straight in the eyes. They were as warm, tender and caring as the old Doctor’s. She dreaded to think what her eyes looked like now.

“I’m sorry.” The Doctor patted her back with a friendly arm. “There’s nothing else we can do.”

“No, I know.” Donna smiled sadly, then paused. “But they’re…Daleks. Actual, real, proper Daleks.” Her smile vanished. “I know I act all strong and tough, but I can’t do this. Please, Doctor, please don’t make me do this.”

“I won’t.”

Their moment was destroyed by the disruptive voice of the Supreme Dalek.

“Surrender, Doctor, and face your Dalek masters!”

The faint voice of a serving Dalek could be heard just before the radio link was executed.

“Crucible on Maximum Alert!”

As the Doctor consoled Donna one last time before he left, Jack and Rose started their final walk towards the useless wooden door of the ship. They stood adjacent to each door, their fingers clutched tightly around the brass handles of each ready to open them for the Doctor as if he were royalty.

“Are we ready?” the Doctor asked sombrely as he walked respectfully down the mesh ramp-the first serious thing he’d done in this incarnation, actually.

“Daleks!” Rose laughed nervously, all her fear and rage coalescing into a single sound which betrayed her emotions.

“Oh, God!” Jack giggled in a similar manner to Rose.

“It’s been good though, hasn’t it?” the Doctor wrapped his arms around his companions. All of us, all of this, everything we did.” He flicked his body by his heel again and shot a finger at Donna, who was still curled in the fabric of the chair. “You were brilliant!” he returned and pointed less articulated fingers at Jack and Rose. “And you were brilliant. Both of you. Blimey.”

Jack and Rose returned the Doctor’s smile, as they pulled the handles of the TARDIS’ door towards them and let the Doctor see potentially the very last room he would ever see.

The honeycomb walls of the Crucible caved in around them, burying the Doctor, Jack and Rose in a bronze maze of Daleks, fluttering about in the air and on the ground, billions of eyestalks staring at the humanoids, watching, judging, waiting.

“Daleks reign supreme!” the Supreme Dalek preached, aiming its blaster down into the floor as it saw their prisoners. “All hail the Daleks!”

“Daleks reign supreme. All hail the Daleks!” the army of drones echoed. “Daleks reign supreme. All hail the Daleks!”

“Behold, Doctor,” the Supreme boasted as the Doctor strode to the edge of the dais and looked up at the red killer. “Behold the might of the true Dalek race!”

“Daleks reign supreme. All hail the Daleks!” the motto came again. “Daleks reign supreme! All hail the Daleks!”

Then, with an almighty slam, the TARDIS’ open door slammed hard against the blue wooden panels of the exterior. The Doctor stared angrily at the Supreme and immediately propelled himself towards his home, fists banging angrily on the panels as he shouted for his companion.

“Donna!” he yelled. “What’s happening?”

“Doctor!” her voice boomed back, her fists returning the Doctor’s knocking almost rhythmically, furiously. “What have you done?”

“It wasn’t me,” the Doctor protested softly. “I didn’t do anything.”

“Oi!” Donna screamed. “Oi, space boy, get me out of here!”

“What did you do?” the Doctor’s head twisted to face the Supreme with rage painted on his face. “What the hell did you do?”

“The TARDIS cannot be allowed to remain.” The villain replied emotionlessly.

“Doctor!” Donna’s voice screeched again.

“Stop it!” the Doctor spat at the lead Dalek. “She’s my friend. Open the door and let her out.”

“This is Time Lord treachery.” The Dalek accused. “You let her remain.”

“Me?” the Doctor asked, sickness clear in his voice. “You closed the door, you trapped her!”

“Irrelevant!” the Supreme cut the Doctor off. “The TARDIS is a weapon, and it will be destroyed!”

Without warning, the square holding the TARDIS collapsed into the floor. As the Doctor and his companions turned to look down the hole, they saw its wooden form slide down a harsh metal tube, with fires glimmering at the far away end of it.

“What are you doing?” the Doctor asked. “Bring it back, bring it back!”

“Doctor!” Donna’s voice could still be heard from inside, its volume declining the further down the tunnel the TARDIS fell.

“What have you done?!” the Doctor reiterated. “Where’s it going?”

“The Crucible has a heart of Z-Neutrino energy.” The Supreme recited. “The TARDIS will be deposited into the core.”

“You can’t, you’ve taken the defences down.” The Doctor cried. “It’ll be torn apart!”

From down the tube, the Doctor heard the fires sizzle, and the cracking of glass as, he guessed, the flames had cracked the transparent shapes of the roundels.

“But Donna’s still in there!” Rose strode confidently up to the Supreme’s dais.

“Let her go!” Jack added angrily.

“Observe!” the Dalek commanded, as a screen flickered into life above their heads, the shaking images showing the iconic box engulfed by the fire. “The female and the TARDIS shall perish together. The last child of Gallifrey is powerless.”

“Please, I’m begging you!” the Doctor dropped to his knees, and clasped his hands together desperately. “I’ll do anything, put me in her place!” he dropped his head against the dais. “You can do anything to me, I don’t care. Just get her out of there!”

The sound of a huge explosion echoed from the depths of the cylindrical death trap, one so large some embers made their way onto the metal floor of the Crucible’s great hall.

“You are connected to the TARDIS.” The Supreme continued regardless. “Now feel it die!”

The Supreme rotated to attend to a control panel, as did a number of the Daleks on the ground.

Seizing the opportunity, the Doctor gathered Rose and Jack together and spoke in hushed tones.

“Oh my God, Donna.” Rose grieved. “What are we going to do?”

“There’s a chance I can telepathically interface with her,” the Doctor answered, sending his companions’ glum faces into a smile. “But I’m going to need absolute silence.”

The room fell deadly quiet as the Doctor clutched his sweating forehead with his fingers. The anticipation rose and rose and rose, all three holding their breaths, until…

“Doctor?” Donna’s voice joined their conversation.

“Donna, hush, we don’t have much time.” The Doctor silenced her.

“Total TARDIS destruction in ten rels!” a Dalek boomed behind them. As the Doctor spoke to Donna, the countdown continued.

“I’m relaying some information to you. For now, all you need to know is to get the TARDIS the hell out of there, but I’m leaving you some stuff for later, alright? Good luck.”

As the Doctor finished, the monosyllabic “One!” left the speech receptors of a Dalek. The TARDIS glimmered bright, bright blue as it disappeared into the flames.

Inside the TARDIS, Donna stared at the controls. She knew she had to get out of there, quickly, now, but she didn’t know what to do. The Doctor’s information clouded into her head slowly. Cautiously, remembering the thousands of times she’d seen the Doctor pilot the ship, she threw a lever, flicked a number of switches and felt the metal floor of the ship shake under her feet.

“Doctor?” she strained to telepathically remake contact. “I’m clear.”

“Oh, you are brilliant!” the Doctor replied. Rose and Jack hugged subtly back on the Crucible, aware that the Supreme Dalek had turned back in their direction. “Now, I have another plan and I’m sorry, but there’s a slight chance this might not work.”

“You what?” Rose asked.

“Just don’t get too attached to the new me just yet, eh?”

“Don’t worry space boy, you’re good.” Donna’s voice laughed jokingly.

“But I came all this way just to find you.” Rose whined.

“I know.” The Doctor smiled sympathetically.

They gathered closer, the Doctor telling the three sets of ears about the plan until the Supreme’s voice killed their conversation.

“Behold, Doctor!” its voice commanded. “The destruction of your vehicle is complete! What do you feel, Doctor? Anger? Pain? Resentment?"

“Sorry.” The Doctor spoke gravely. “But I feel nothing.”

“This is unacceptable!” the Supreme replied. “We destroy your home, and you are unmoved? Explain!”

“Oh no, sorry mate,” the Doctor’s happier voice returned, and the room froze in anticipation of what he would do next. “I feel sorry for this.”

With a lightening hand, he tucked his hand into Jack’s pocket and whipped out his revolver, sending hails of bullets ricocheting off the Dalek’s scarlet armour.

“Exterminate!” the Supreme boomed, sending a blue streak of energy cascading into the Doctor, who buckled over onto the cold, hard floor.

“Oh, my God!” Rose acted. “Oh, no.”

“Rose,” Jack played along. “Come here, leave him.”

“They killed him!” she buried her head into Jack’s warm coat, sobbing as she did so.

“I know, I’m sorry.” Jack patted her shoulder.

And that was when all hell broke loose.

The Doctor laughed softly. As he rose from his cocoon, he looked at the Supreme and it backed away in something resembling horror.

“You really didn’t know, did you?” the Doctor laughed. “I’m a new-born. Not even an hour old. And you know what that means, don’t you?”

The Supreme simply stared as golden energy flowed out of the Doctor’s stomach wound. As his injury sealed, the fires blazed around the room, burning a great number of Daleks both on the ground and in the air. As bronze carcasses dropped to the floor, Jack was separated from the Doctor and Rose.

“Doctor?” Jack asked nervously. “What do I do now?”

“Get out!” Rose answered for him. “We’ll find you later!”

As Jack saluted and hot-footed it out of the hell hole, the Doctor’s throat ran dry as his regeneration energy fizzled out, and Rose rushed to his rescue to support his crippled form.

“Escort them to the Vault!” the Supreme barked angrily. “They are the playthings of Davros now!”

A few miles away from the Dalek Empire, the TARDIS hung innocently in space.

Donna paced the room, still coping with the new information that flooded her head. It was like her biology was changing-with all this new information, she felt like a Time Lord-surely it wasn’t possible for a human to know all of this?

She’d gotten all the flight instructions by now (fat lot of good, but hey, what can you do?), and the Doctor had told her to wait until ‘the time was right’. Presumably it was until he made contact with her again.

She began to understand things she never had before, new things, consider new possibilities. For example, she parked her car right next to where the TARDIS was going to land, the second time she met the Doctor. That’s not coincidence, that’s destiny! But there’s no such thing as destiny, is there?

But the Doctor’s last instruction was the most confusing. She was still getting the details, but it seemed he wanted her to make a gun to destroy the Daleks. The Doctor abhorred violence, especially guns, so why would he want her to do such a thing?

No, she corrected herself. The old Doctor hated guns. The man she had in her head was a new man.

Down below the TARDIS’ flight, in a forgotten woodland on Earth, Martha Jones found a building. It was like a castle, old, imperious, a place where great events happened.

As she began to ascend the hill to the monument, an elderly woman blocked her viewpoint, wrapped in a grey trench coat with a matching scarf.

“Hier ist niemand.” She barked. “Was immer Sie wollen, gehen Sie fort. Lassen Sie mich in Ruhe!”

“Ich heisse Martha Jones.” Martha answered. “Ich komme von UNIT. Agentin fuenf sechs sechs sieben eins, von der medizinishen Abteilung.”

“Es hiess Sie kaemen vorbei.” The woman started, before she finally placed that curious voice of Martha’s. “That accent. That is London, ja? I went to London. Long time ago.”

“I thought this place was supposed to be guarded?” Martha asked, dispensing with the chit chat.

“They were soldiers. Boys.” The woman answered distastefully. “I brought them food every day. But when der Albtraum came from the sky, they went home to die. But not you.”

“I’ve got a job to do.” Martha answered seriously.

As they entered the building, the old woman lagged behind Martha but when she finally caught up with her, she saw the agent strip a hanging from the wall of the dusty room to reveal an anachronistic keypad bolted into the wall. Martha punched some numbers into it, and then rubbed her warm fingerprint against a touch screen.

“London,” the woman started, hopefully to distract Martha. She simply turned her head, smiled barely and returned to her duty. “In those days, to see it. So much glamour. I was so young. I heard the soldiers talking many times. They would speak of the Osterhagen Key. I think London must be changed now, yes? But still, the glamour.”

As Martha tugged open the door, she heard a sudden click. She looked back towards the woman, who had a gun held firmly in her hand and a cruel expression on her face.

“You will not go!” the woman ordered.

“I’ve got no choice.” Martha offered.

“I know the Key. What it does.” The woman pleaded. “Sie sind der Albtraum, nicht die anderen, Sie! Ich sollte Sie umbringen, am besten gleich jetzt!”

“Then do it.” Martha commanded, standing her ground.

The woman wrapped her finger around the trigger, clutched it, prepared to pull, then dropped the gun. She began to sob, the hope leaving her body as the weapon hit the floor. The doors to the lift opened, and Martha stepped inside, taking a last look at her potential murderer.

“Martha, Zur Hoelle mit Dir!” the woman spat scornfully.

“I know.” Martha answered, as the lift doors clanged shut and sealed her fate.

Back on the Crucible, Jack tucked his hulking body behind a slim wall as another Dalek glided past him. Once the monster was out of sight, he again flicked open the strap on his Vortex Manipulator.

The life forms were close, but he couldn’t find any way to get to them. Not without…oh no, any way but that…the ventilation shafts. Wow, how original, he thought.

The lift doors opened, and Martha found herself in the depths of Germany. This small room, a glorified broom cupboard with scraps of technology tacked on, was where the world would end.

Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

She approached the bank of computers opposite her, and pressed a button underneath a microphone.

“This is Osterhagen Station One,” she started. “My name is Martha Jones. Is there anyone there? Over.”

Above the planet, a small craft docked into the spherical beast that was the Crucible.

As the airlock decompressed, a Dalek was waiting for the assembled masses which crowded out of the cramped space, a mass including three companions of the Doctor.

“Prisoners now on board the Crucible!” the Dalek yelled. “They will be taken for testing!”

Sarah Jane, Mickey and Jackie stuck closely together as they were marched towards a vast, open space in the centre of the room.

“One step close to the Doctor.” Sarah whispered in Mickey’s ear, bringing a much needed glimmer of hope to proceedings.

“Activate the holding cells.” Davros’ voice came creeping out of the darkness. Two beams of blue light trapped the Doctor and Rose, and allowed them for the first time to see their new surroundings.

The room was not dissimilar to the main hall of the Crucible, however much dirtier, and with only a small squadron of Daleks, who held a spoked device in their right socket rather than the traditional plunger. The dais in this room was given open to half a Dalek casing, chains binding a fleshy mutant held in the centre of it, writhing tentacles glittering in the spotlight.

“Excellent. Even when powerless, a Time Lord is best contained.”

“Still scared of me, then?” the Doctor mocked.”

“It is time we talked, Doctor.” Davros taunted, trundling closer to the Time Lord. “After so very long. I see you have changed your appearance from this afternoon. If you keep changing at this rate, you will be out of bodies before we have the chance to get reacquainted.”

“No, no, no, no.” the Doctor shrugged off the Kaled’s comment. “No. We’re not doing the nostalgia tour. I want to know what’s happening right here, right now. Because the big boss boy up there said ‘vault’, yeah? As in dungeon, cellar, prison.”

Davros’ face scowled as the Doctor continued.

“You’re not in charge of the Daleks, are you? They’ve got you locked away down here in the basement like, what, a servant, slave, court jester?”

“We have…” Davros paused. “An arrangement.”

“No, no, no, no.” the Doctor’s sides split. “No, no, I’ve got the word. You’re their pet!”

“So very full of fire, is he not?” Davros spat, his wheelchair edging ever closer to the cringing Rose. “And to think you crossed entire universes, striding parallel to parallel to find him again.”

“Leave her alone.” The Doctor said in a tone which sent a brief chill around Davros’ chest.

“She is mine to do as I please.” He grinned, disregarding any visible display of fear.

“Then why am I still alive?” Rose challenged.

“You must be here. It was foretold.” Davros sounded somewhat disappointed. “Even the Supreme Dalek would not dare to contradict the prophecies of Dalek Caan.”

All three of them turned to face the damaged Dalek as demonic laughter came from its invisible mouth.

“So cold and dark! Fire is coming, the endless flames!”

“What is that thing?” Rose whispered to the Doctor.

“You’ve met before,” the Doctor gently reminded her, sending her mind back to the dreadful day at Canary Wharf when they were separated for the first time. “The last of the Cult of Skaro. But it flew into the Time War. Unprotected.”

“Caan did more than that,” Davros pointed a metaphorical finger. “He saw time, its infinite complexity and majesty, raging through his mind. And he saw you. Both of you.”

“This I have foreseen, in the wild and the wind!” the abomination giggled. “The Doctor will be here as witness, at the end of everything. The Doctor and his precious Children of Time. And one of them will die!”

“What?” The Doctor looked genuinely shocked. “Tell me.” He put simply, but it was clear from his rising and falling shoulders that rage was cascading through his body.

“Oh, that's it!” Davros grinned evilly. “The anger, the fire, the rage of a Time Lord who butchered millions. There he is.” He tilted his head menacingly. “Why so shy? Show your companion.” He slowed his words, taunting, teasing. “Show her your true self. Dalek Caan has promised me that too.”

“I have seen.” The Dalek’s voice erupted. “At the time of ending, the Doctor's soul will be revealed.”

“What does that mean?” the Doctor asked.

“We will discover it together. Our final journey.” Davros began to tap his metallic fingers against his control panel in anticipation. “Because the ending approaches. The testing begins.”

“The testing of what?” he asked inquisitively.

“The reality bomb.”

In the holding area, a Dalek continued to watch the horde of prisoners trudge slowly towards the central space.

“Prisoners will stand in the designated area!” it commanded. “Move! Move!”

An Indian lady in the middle of the crowd let out a faint gasp, and fell weakly to her knees.

“You will stand.” The Dalek ordered.

“I can’t.” the lady sobbed

“You will stand!” the Dalek repeated, this time aiming its blaster for her head.

“I can’t, please!” she begged.

With the distraction, Sarah let herself glance over her shoulder, and her face lit up when she saw a nearby door. It was almost certainly locked but she could almost certainly open it with her Sonic Lipstick.

“On your feet!” the Dalek continued. “On your feet!”

With the light feet of a ballerina, Sarah Jane skipped over to the door, and gave the lock a quick blast with her lipstick. As it slid silently open, she whispered to her companions to join her.

“Mickey!” she whispered. “Mickey!”

Mickey creeped over to the door, whispering for Jackie to join him. But she couldn’t-she’d been helping the Indian lady to her feet, and couldn’t move without the Dalek seeing her-if she tried to, she’d get them all killed.

All Sarah and Mickey could do was stare through the porthole as the door slid shut.

“Prisoners will stand in the designated area!” the Dalek preached.

Mickey paced nervously in the tight space, hands held behind his head.

“We can’t just leave her!” he cried.

“No, Mickey, wait!” Sarah Jane whispered, moving his uncontrollable body to one side as a Dalek patrolled past the porthole.

The Dalek rounded on the prisoners to join its colleague, as their eyestalks rose in unison to stare at an oversized contraption strapped to the ceiling, its core buzzing with a variety of green lights.

“What does it mean?” the Indian asked Jackie. “What are they testing? What are they going to do?”

“I reckon it’s that thing there,” Jackie whimpered, pointing up at the device.

A radio link fizzled into life, and broadcast the Supreme Dalek’s voice over the Crucible.

“Testing calibration of Reality Bomb! Firing in ten rels. Nine, eight, seven…”

In the Vault, a screen had flickered into life and now the Doctor, Rose and Davros stared in horror at the scenes being broadcast to them.

“Behold!” Davros boasted. “The apotheosis of my genius!”

“Four. Three.” The Supreme continued. “Two. One. Zero. Activate planetary alignment field!”

“It’s the planets.” The Doctor muttered in shock. “The twenty seven planets. But that’s Z-Neutrino energy, flattened by the alignment of the planets into a single string.” The Doctor began to get silently angry. “No, Davros, you can’t. Davros, you can’t, no!”

As the green colours continued to shine in the holding area, all hope seemed lost until three faint beeps were heard from Mickey’s pocket. He pulled out the yellow metal disc from his pocket as he realised what the noise was.

“Thirty minutes!” he showed Sarah the disc. “It’s recharged!”

Jackie stared up at the machine she knew would somehow end her life. As she gulped and took her last breaths, she turned to give a final smile to Mickey. But it was a bigger smile than she expected, and not as final as she thought.

“It’s recharged!” she saw Mickey mouth. “It’s recharged! Use it!”

Jackie tenderly tugged the machine from her coat. She took a last look at the lady she’d helped, she apologised, and left her awestruck as she vanished in a blink of yellow.

As she was reunited with Mickey behind the porthole, she hugged him briefly before turning to look at the prisoners. The machine activated, and the green lights shot downwards, incinerating the dozen or so people from the head downwards, until there was not even ash of dust left where they once were. There was literally nothing.

“Test completed.” A proud Dalek reported.

Donna had been watching the scene from the TARDIS-her newfound knowledge had allowed her to hack into the Crucible’s cameras-and sat with a hand clasped to her mouth as she saw the people reduced to nothing.

The Vault was equally silent, until Rose dared to break the mourning atmosphere.

“Doctor?” she asked. “What happened?” The Doctor was silent.

“Electrical energy, Miss Tyler.” Davros answered on his behalf. “Every atom in existence is bound by an electrical field. The Reality bomb cancels it out. Structure falls apart. That test was focused on the prisoners alone. Full transmission will dissolve every form of matter.”

“The stars are going out…” Rose realised.

“The twenty seven planets.” The Doctor finally answered. “They become one vast transmitter, blasting that wavelength.”

“Across the entire universe.” Davros continued. “Never stopping, never faltering, never fading.” His tone rose and became more gleeful as he exposed his plan to his enemies, and saw the looks on their faces that made them realise there was literally no hope.

“People and planets and stars will become dust, and the dust will become atoms, and the atoms will become nothing.” He became madder. “And the wavelength will continue, breaking through the Rift at the heart of the Medusa Cascade into every dimension, every parallel, every single corner of creation.” Davros was screaming now. “This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of reality itself!”

The Supreme Dalek again broke the moment.

“Prepare for universal detonation. The fleet will gather at the Crucible. All Daleks will return to shelter from the cataclysm. We will become the only life forms in existence!”

Down on Earth, to be more precise, the London district of Chiswick, the departure of the Dalek saucers caused quite a gust, one with the power to break a fair amount of windows.

Like the windows of Donna Noble’s house where her mum Sylvia and gramps Wilf lived.

“Look, they’re leaving!” Sylvia grinned, the wind blowing her hair as she ran out of the house to look at the spectacle. “Dad, they’re going, the Daleks are going!”

“Going where, though?” Wilf grilled her, still gripping the handle of his bat relentlessly. “And Donna’s still out there. It’s not over yet, sweetheart.”
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 15:42

Loving this still. I can imagine that in some alternate universe this is probably canon!
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 13:03

Here it is, Part 1 of the finale to Journey's Beginning! Please read and review, the second and final part will be published sometime this afternoon!

Above this insignificant conversation, aboard the Crucible, Sarah Jane, Mickey and Jackie were still imprisoned in their hideaway, unable to move for fear of any of the number of Daleks patrolling around outside catching them.

Sarah paced nervously, racking her brains for the slightest semblance of a plan as to how she could defeat the Daleks this time. Experienced she might have been, but she wasn’t too afraid to admit that this was one of those times where she didn’t have the slightest idea what to do.

As she concentrated all her brain power, she was disrupted by a loud clang in the wall behind them, and she jumped slightly as one of the rusted panels came free, with Captain Jack Harkness rolling out of the steaming ducts behind it.

Mickey and Jackie looked equally astounded as Jack leapt to his feet and began cross referencing the busy screen on his leather coated wrist device.

“Just my luck!” he grinned. “I climb through two miles of ventilation shafts, chasing life signs on this thing, and who do I find? Mickey Mouse!”

He flashed Mickey a cheeky grin, which Mickey reciprocated with a hearty chuckle.

“You can talk, Captain Cheesecake!”

Jack joined in the jolly laughter, and scooped Mickey up with his strong arms. Mickey briefly returned the hug and tried to move away, but Jack wasn’t done just yet.

“Good to see you.” Jack flirted. “And that’s Beefcake.” He corrected, slyly winking at his companion.

“And that’s enough hugging.” Mickey said seriously, all the fun drained from his face.

Jack let go of Mickey, who dusted himself down the moment he was free. Jack twisted his head slightly to the left, and his eyes twinkled as he caught sight of a woman he had dreamed of meeting for a very long time…

“We meet at last, Miss Smith.” He addressed Sarah, with a voice full of pride and honour.

“There is something we can do.” Sarah dispensed with the small talk before it had even started, giving Jack a stare as ice cold as the one Mickey had just given him. “You’ve got to understand. I have a son down there on Earth, he’s only fourteen years old.”

A tear formed in her eye as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a sparkling diamond encased in a tight golden cage attached to a lengthy chain the same colour as its prison.

“I’ve brought this.” Sarah added, bringing the device up to Jack’s eye line. “It was given to me by a Verron Soothsayer. He said ‘This is for the End of Days’.”

“Is that a Warp Star?” Jack asked, his voice again rarely showing his genuine emotions-this time, it was one of awe.

“Going to tell me what a Warp Star is?” Mickey shrugged. Inquisitive, thought Sarah, confrontational. I like it. Not the tin dog any more.

“A warp-fold conjugation trapped in a carbonised shell.” Jack explained, fingering the device as he did so. “It’s an explosion, Mickey. An explosion waiting to happen.”

As Jack pondered the destruction of a world, down below on Earth, Martha was thinking the same thing. She tapped furiously at the ancient button attached to the screen until the lines cleared and she was able to put a face to the Chinese voice coming from the other end of the line.

“This is Osterhagen Station Five.” She stated. Martha could now see a pretty, young Chinese lady on the screen, with cropped black hair and dressed in official UNIT uniform. “Are you receiving, Station One?” she asked.

“I’ve got you,” Martha replied. “That makes three of us, and three is all we need.”

“My name is Anna Zhou,” she offered. “What’s yours?”

“Martha Jones.” She turned to address the Liberian man on her right screen. “What about you, Station Four? You never said.”

“I don’t want my name on this.” He returned combatively. “Given what we’re about to do.”

“So what happens now?” Anna asked, breaking the momentary silence. “Do we do it?”

“No.” Martha responded after a brief pause. “Not yet.”

“UNIT instructions say, once three Osterhagen Stations are online…” Anna recited.

“Yeah?” Martha killed her obedience. “But I’ve got a higher authority. Way above UNIT. And there’s one more thing the Doctor would do…”

In the other ship hovering over Earth at the moment, the TARDIS, Donna sat cross legged on the floor, a range of scientific gizmos scattered about beneath her. The Doctor’s instructions hadn’t been very clear, and thinking about them made her delicate mind burn, but she was starting to get the hang of it.

Apparently, she’d built some kind of gun based on the non-electronic technology of an artist called Lammensteen. There were a few sparse wires in there mixed in with a sieve, a pole and a loudspeaker, amongst other pieces of tat.

Although she didn’t know what it was, she knew it was called a Z-Neutrino biological inversion catalyser, and she did have a faint idea of how it worked. Davros said he’d built the Daleks out of himself, so his genetic code runs through the race.

If Donna could use the gun to lock the Crucible’s transmission onto Davros himself, she could destroy the Daleks-the biggest backfire in history.

Now all she had to do was wait until the time was right. The Doctor had said she should know when that was. But when? Sounded like a gamble to her.

As Donna was waiting for the chance to breech the Crucible, on the ship itself, pandemonium erupted in the main hall as the faint voice of a human started to infect the speakers.

“Incoming transmission!” a Dalek reported. “Origin-Planet Earth.”

“Display!” the Supreme Dalek ordered angrily.

The now familiar screen rematerialized to show the Daleks Martha’s stern face, a black square hanging to a silver chain dangling in front of it.

“This is Martha Jones, representing the Unified Intelligence Taskforce, on behalf of the human race.”

“Send transmission to the Vault!” the Supreme bossed. “Continue to monitor.”

In the depths of the ship, the Doctor and Rose gasped as Martha’s face came into view before them.

“This message is for the Dalek Crucible!” Martha repeated. “Repeat. Can you hear me?”

“Put me through.” The Doctor commanded Davros.

“It begins!” the villain gurgled cheerily, his mouth savouring every syllable in the words. “As Dalek Caan foretold…”

“The Children of Time will gather!” the Dalek laughed, springing to life at the mention of his name. “And one of them will die!”

“Stop saying that!” the Doctor spat, before again pirouetting to Davros, “Put me through.”

There was a faint crackling as the Crucible’s communications synched up with the Osterhagen Station’s, and Martha’s eyes visibly widened as she saw the new Doctor.

“Doctor!” she squealed. “What happened?”

“I regenerated.” The Doctor rolled his eyes. He was already getting sick of explaining. Perhaps regeneration should be one of those things he always briefed his companions on, do it with the ‘bigger on the inside’ talk to get it over with. “You were there when the Master did it, it shouldn’t be new to you.”

“No, I mean your outfit!” Martha tittered. “What is that?”

“It’s a bow tie,” he adjusted his neck accessory. “Bow Ties are cool.”

“No they’re not.” Martha breathed a sigh of embarrassment.

“Can we not do this now?” the Doctor moaned. “You were giving a speech, it was really good, let ‘em have it, Jonesy my girl!”

“Sorry.” Martha smiled, before recomposing herself with the Osterhagen Key. “I’m sorry, I had to.”

“Oh, but the Doctor is powerless,” Davros taunted, the weird creature coming into Martha’s view point. “My prisoner.” He sobered. “State your intent.”

“I’ve got the Osterhagen Key.” Martha stated. “Leave this planet and its people alone, or I’ll use it.”

“An Osterhagen what?” the Doctor squinted at the screen. “What’s an Osterhagen Key, eh?”

“There’s a chain of twenty five nuclear warheads placed in strategic points beneath the Earth’s crust.” She replied. “If I use the key, they detonate, and the Earth gets ripped apart?”

“What?!” The Doctor was flabbergasted. “Who invented that?” He muttered a little comment to himself, “Well, someone called Osterhagen I suppose,” before regaining his posture. “Martha, are you insane?”

Now it was Martha’s turn to recite the text book.

“The Osterhagen Key is to be used if the suffering of the human race is so great, so without hope, that this becomes the final option.”

“That’s never an option.” The Doctor adopted a softer tone of voice.

“Don’t argue with me Doctor!” Martha responded in turn by raising her voice, which visibly made the Doctor wince slightly. “Because it’s more than that. Now, I reckon the Daleks need these twenty seven planets for something. But what if it becomes twenty six?”

Davros wheeled himself back slightly, his manic smile creasing into a depressed frown almost instantly. Now it was Martha’s turn to taunt him.

“What happens then? Daleks? Would you risk it?”

“She’s good.” Rose shot an aside to the Doctor, smiling naughtily.

“Who’s that?” Martha asked, moving closer to the screen to look at the mysterious blonde woman.

“My name’s Rose,” the companion answered, tilting her head towards the screen. “Rose Tyler.”

“Oh my God,” Martha gasped elatedly. “He found you.”

In the higher floors, as the assembled masses of Daleks concentrated on Martha’s ultimatum, a Dalek working on a control panel span around agitatedly to the Supreme.

“Second transmission, internal!” it barked.

“Display.” The Supreme recited, as Martha’s video was shifted to the right by a second screen, displaying Jack, Sarah, Mickey, Jackie, and a very dangerous looking Warp Star.

“Captain Jack Harkness, calling all Dalek boys and girls!” the Time Agent called.

The Supreme noted the Warp Star, wires trailing from it to a large power bank in one of the Crucible’s main electricity closets.

“Are you receiving me?” Jack asked again. It was at this point the images were relayed to the Vault, and Rose smiled as she saw the miracle before her. “Don’t send in your goons, or I’ll set this thing off!” he threatened.

“He’s still alive?” Rose asked, before shifting her gaze to Jack’s right. “Oh my God! That’s…that’s my Mum!”

“And Mickey!” the Doctor pointed high at the screen. “Hello, Sarah!” he dropped his finger as he recomposed his posture. “Captain, what are you doing?!”

“What are you doing, more like?” the Captain asked, as all four of them properly noticed the Doctor for the first time.

“I regenerated, we’ve done this before!” the Doctor rolled his eyes again.

“I mean that bow tie,” Jack sniggered.

“Bow. Ties. Are. Cool.” The Time Lord answered defensively.

“Actually,” Sarah intruded. “I always did prefer the Bow Tie. The scarf was good too. Never understood the celery phase, or the question marks.”

“Ooh, not me,” Jackie gossiped. “I’d have killed for that leather jacket. That was a good look, wasn’t it, Mick?” Mickey just nodded.

“Anyway,” the Doctor stressed urgently. “Can we get back to the matter at hand?”

Jack stiffened up, and without further ado did as the Doctor requested.

“I’ve got a Warp Star wired into the mainframe.” He raised his weapon. “I break this shell, the entire Crucible goes up.”

“You can’t!” the Doctor looked appalled. “Where did you get a Warp Star?”

“From me.” Came an old voice from behind Jack’s big figure, a voice who now made her face known by elbowing Jack out of the way and eyeing the Doctor sternly. “We had no choice.” She pleaded. “We saw what happened to the prisoners.”

“Impossible…” came the evil voice currently hiding in the darkness, another voice who felt compelled to make his face visible by trundling to the front of the camera. “That face. After all these years…”

“Davros.” Sarah regarded her former enemy, the name sending a chill up her spine. “It’s been quite a while. Sarah Jane Smith. Remember?”

“Oh, this is meant to be!” Davros gurgled, his metal hand tapping manically against his undercarriage. “The circle of time is closing. You were there on Skaro at the very beginning of my creation…”

“And I’ve learnt how to fight since then!” Sarah spat defensively. “You let the Doctor go, or this Warp Star…it gets opened.”

“I’ll do it!” Jack intruded, visibly letting his fingers loosen around the fragile shell. “Don’t imagine I wouldn’t.”

“Now that’s what I call a ransom!” Rose commented, before lowering her voice as she saw the Doctor didn’t share her excitement. “Doctor?”

“And the prophecy unfolds…” Davros teased, hand tapping again as he intimidated the Doctor.

“The Doctor’s soul is revealed!” Caan screeched. “See him! See the heart of him!”

“The man who abhors violence.” Davros continued. “Never carrying a gun. But this is the truth, Doctor. You take ordinary people, and you fashion them into weapons.”

The Doctor dropped his head and closed his eyes, all 900 years of his travels reflected in his mourning face as Davros waved his arm towards the screens.

“Behold your Children of Time, transformed into murderers. I made the Daleks, Doctor. You made this.”

“They’re trying to help.” The Doctor whispered.

“Already I have seen them sacrifice today, for their beloved Doctor,” Davros strained his neck as far as he could get it towards the Doctor’s ear. “The Earth woman who fell opening the Subwave network.”

“Who was that?” the Doctor’s head shot up, eyes opening impossibly fast to stare at Davros’ hateable face.

“Harriet Jones.” Rose put softly. “She gave her life to get you here.”

“How many more? Just think,” Davros ordered, as the Doctor choked back his emotions. “How many have died in your name?”

The Doctor closed his eyes again, his hair turning greasy with the excess sweat emanating from his new body as he stressed.

Even just thinking back to his last incarnation, there were a hell of a lot. Cassandra. Sir Robert. Reinette. Magpie. The Ood. Ursula. The Racnoss. Boe. Solomon. The Master. Chantho. Astrid. Jenny. River. Sky. And now Harriet Jones.

“The Doctor.” Davros broke the silence. “The man who keeps running, never looking back because he dare not, out of shame.” The Doctor collapsed, falling to the floor and burying his head in his curled knees. “This is my final victory, Doctor. I have shown you yourself.”

As the Doctor was incapacitated, the Supreme Dalek, in the floors above the Vault, decided things had been exacerbated enough.

“Enough!” it silenced the busy room. “Engage defence zero-five.”

“It’s the Crucible or the Earth!” Martha yelled, sensing closing time was approaching.

Shining lights caressed Martha as she felt her atoms yet again disintegrate, and heard a Dalek reporting from the Crucible that a transmat had been engaged. She screamed as the Osterhagen Key slipped from her vanishing hand, before the rest of her body followed suit.

As Martha reconfigured on the Crucible, Jack and his friends were going the same way. All four of them felt weightless as they were carried down to the cellar of the ship, the Warp Star crashing to the floor as Jack’s hand dissolved around it.

A number of thuds echoed around the cavernous room as the five companions were dropped unceremoniously to the cold floor. Due to the time delay, they came one after another in quick succession-Jack followed Jackie who followed Sarah who followed Mickey and as Martha fell to the ground, Jack managed to catch the petite figure in his heavy arms.

“I’ve got you,” he grinned. “It’s all right.”

“Don’t move!” the Doctor shouted, an outstretched hand burning itself on the edge of the holding cell. Regeneration energy whisped around it and the blisters healed instantly. “All of you, stay still!”

“Guard them!” Davros commanded, as a group of his Daleks poked the confused companions into a huddle around where the Doctor and Rose were imprisoned. “On your knees, all of you! Surrender!”

“Do as he says.” The Doctor added regrettably, and his children dropped groggily to the ground, their hands interlocked behind their heads.

“Mum, I told you not to!” Rose whined at her nearby mother.

“Yeah, but I couldn’t leave you!” Jackie protested.

“The final prophecy is in place,” Davros interrupted, circling the seven of them like a vulture. “The Doctor and his children, all gathered as witnesses.”

The eerie silence was broken by the establishing of a radio link.

“Supreme Dalek, the time has come. Now. Detonate the Reality Bomb!”

In the vast cavern of space, as the Crucible hung over the collection of twenty seven planets, a circular hatch opened and a probe emitted from the space, green energy shooting from its tip.

“Activate the planetary alignment field!” the Supreme’s voice was heard around the ship.

The planets glowed as the energy spread around the heavenly bodies, the light from them bright enough to power a Sun, probably.

“Universal Reality detonation in two hundred rels!” the Supreme’s voice continued.

“You can’t!” The Doctor screeched. “Davros!” He punched the holding cell repeatedly, regeneration energy fusing with the lights as his hands were broken, repaired, broken, repaired.

One of these days he’d be able to punch through a wall without breaking his hand.

“Just listen to me!” the Doctor’s voice completely left his body. “JUST STOP!”

Davros just laughed, his mouth opening wider and wider until it was wide enough to eat the Doctor and his companions if he so wished. Maybe he did. He could do anything now.

“Nothing can stop the detonation. Nothing and no one!”

The TARDIS shot towards the eyesore that was the Crucible, its damaged form spinning, building up enough momentum to materialise on the ship.

Donna primed the gun as she worked the controls. The Doctor had told her. The time was now.

Where there’s tears, there’s hope. And there were a lot of tears aboard the Crucible.

As the Doctor stared helplessly at the abominable sight playing to him on the holographic screen, his anguish soon turned into relief as he heard the familiar sound of wheezing, groaning engines, an ancient noise which had brought so much hope to everybody, everywhere.

“Ha-ha-ha!” the Doctor performed a little dance as the blue panels of the exterior formed in a vacant space, and the insignificant sound of a catch turning hummed around the room.

“Impossible.” Davros moaned.

“Brilliant!” Jack corrected.

As the door opened, Donna’s fearsome silhouette was illuminated, casting an imposing shadow around the room. She brought forward her right hand, which had been hidden behind the door, to show Davros the gun and although she didn’t really know what it was, it was clear from Davros’ face that he did.

“Doctor!” she grinned, running forward into the cave and, adopting a warrior’s stance, aimed the gun at Davros and tried to pull the trigger. “I’ve got it, but I don’t know what to do!”

“Don’t!” he begged, as the eyes of the room converged onto Davros’ arm, which shot a bolt of blue electricity into Donna’s chest. She was sent flying backwards against one of the honeycomb walls, unconsciously slumped against it.

“Activate holding cell.” Davros ordered, as a faint cylinder materialized around her.

“Donna! Donna!” the Doctor shouted. “Are you all right? Donna!”

“Destroy the weapon.” Davros barked again, and a nearby Dalek fired an angry beam into Donna’s work, which exploded in a sea of sparks. “I was wrong about your warriors, Doctor.” Davros laughed again. “They are pathetic.”

Harsh, exasperated breaths were heard around the dome as everyone tried to recover from the shock of what they had seen.

“What?” Rose asked the Doctor, coalescing the thoughts of the room into a single question.

“Never mind that,” the Doctor shrugged. “Now we’ve got no way of stopping the reality bomb.”

But if the Doctor was lucky, and very, very lucky, there was life in Donna yet. He certainly hadn’t told her to build a gun, and if he was right, which he usually was, and there had been a human biological meta-crisis, which was impossible, they might just have a chance…

“Detonation in twenty rels!” the Supreme’s voice again sliced the tension. “Nineteen.”

“Stand witness, Time Lord. Stand witness, humans.” The hating eyes focused on Davros. “Your strategies have failed, your weapons are useless, and-oh-the end of the universe has come.”

“Nine!” the monotone voice repeated. “Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One.”

But instead of ‘zero’, another sound came, a relentless alarm which deafened the ears of every listening life form in the vicinity. Heavy lights illuminated the dark space as the confused faces of everybody in the room converged on a cumbersome central control bank. Standing there, in her tight grey jumper and well-fitting black trousers, was a woman everybody knew, and had desperately hoped would be here. And she was.

Sometimes, impossible things happen, and we just call them miracles.

Like Harriet Jones.

“Harriet?!” the Doctor yelled. “What are you doing?”

“Well,” Harriet grinned, continuously turning switches and pressing buttons on the device. “Apparently, I’m closing the Z-Neutrino relay loops using an internalised synchronous back-feed reversal loop. Don’t worry, I don’t understand it either.”

“Well, who told you to do that?” the Doctor asked.

“You did.” Harriet glanced at him.

“No I didn’t.”

“Well, yes, I know, but-oh, I’ll explain later.”

The radio link from the grand hall fizzled in the chaos, and the voices of dying Daleks could be heard screeching over it.

“System in shutdown!” buzzed a drone. “Detonation negative!”

“Explain!” the Supreme Dalek screamed. “Explain! Explain!”

“I should have deactivated the holding cells by now,” Harriet muttered, and as she said, the blur lights flickered and faltered. As Rose knelt by her Mum and gave her a welcoming hug, she stared at the Doctor, who was whipping his arm around in a circle like he was playing an electric guitar.

“What are you doing?” Rose asked.

“She needs a bit more,” the Doctor answered vaguely, aiming his arm at Donna. “I had this plan, y’see. Phase 1’s been completed, I think Phase 2 worked and now-for Phase 3…”

As he was still in the first fifteen hours of his new regeneration cycle, the Doctor was able to fire a beam of burning regeneration energy towards his companion. The crowd watched in anticipation as the Doctor’s last traces of power fizzled out, and Donna awoke with her eyes blazing and her mind racing.

“Ha!” the Doctor grinned, hopping to his feet. “Full human-Time Lord biological metacrisis!”

Donna jumped, flicked her long hair back and skipped over to the central control bank where Harriet was struggling with the fiddly controls.

“I’ll take it from here, Prime Minister. You look tired.”

Not appreciating the gag, Harriet left Donna to the work and joined the reunion of companions in the corner.

“But Donna,” a confused Jack inputted. “You can’t even change a plug!”

“Do you wanna bet, Time Boy?” Donna sent a hefty lever downwards, and a cascade of blue energy worked its way around Davros’ arm.

“Argh!” the villain wretched. “You’ll suffer for this!”

“Ooh!” Donna mocked. “Bio-electric dampening field with a retrograde field arc inversion. Classy.”

“Exterminate her!” Davros shot a poison finger towards the woman.

“Exterminate!” the Daleks droned, slowly converging on their prey, spoked devices ready. “Exterminate! Exterminate!”

Donna’s face was starting to show signs of the toll the experience was taking on her, blushing as she pressed a few more buttons in quick succession.

“Weapons non-functional!” a Dalek moaned.

“Phwor!” Donna showed off. “Macrotransmission of a K-filter wavelength blocking Dalek weaponry in a self-replicating energy blindfold matrix.”

“How did you work that one out?” Jack asked.

“She’s a Time Lord.” The Doctor smiled cheekily. “Part Time Lord…”

“Part human!” Donna finished. “Oh, yes! We just performed a biological metacrisis. Half, Doctor, half Donna!”

Donna took a break from her work to high-five the new Doctor, who was hopping around like a child on Christmas morning.

“The DoctorDonna, just like the Ood said. They saw it coming, good old Ood. Love an Ood.”

“Will somebody please just tell me what the hell is going on?” Rose commanded. The Doctor took her to one side, put his hands on her shoulders and addressed her.

“When I telepathically interfaced with Donna earlier, that caused a biological infusion of my Time Lord DNA with Donna’s human DNA. Yes?” Rose nodded. “I’d planted the spark, all I had to do then was give her some proper regeneration energy to kick start the process for real, and then it’s goodbye Davros, hello adventures!”

“But you said there were three phases.” Rose indicated. “What was Phase two? And what about Harriet?”

“Sshhh…” the Doctor planted a finger on Rose’s moving lips. “I don’t know, but I’ve got a theory. I’ll tell you later-if it all works out.”

“I’ve sealed the Vault!” Donna interrupted, and looked the Doctor square in the eye. “Well don’t just stand there, space boy! Get to work!”

As the Doctor, Jack and Mickey ran to the control bank and did their best to help, Davros seethed, the internal anger rising within him threatening to spill out and turn the universe red.

“Stop them! Get them away from the controls!”

A number of Daleks again advanced on the control bank. But soon, they found themselves turning the other way, and the other, until they were hovering around in a blurring confusion of bronze.

“Help me!” they continuously droned. “Help me!”

“And spin,” Donna said, revelling in the chaos. “And the other way!”

“What did you do?” the Doctor asked gleefully.

“Trip switch circuit breaker in the psychokinetic threshold manipulator.”

“But that’s brilliant! Why did I never think of that?”

“Because you’re just a Time Lord, you Dumbo, lacking that little bit of human, that gut instinct that comes hand in hand with Planet Earth! I can think of ideas you couldn’t dream of in a million years!”

The Doctor adopted a mock face of offence.

“Ah, the universe has been waiting for me!” Donna continued. “Now, let’s send that trip switch all over the ship. Did I ever tell you, best temp in Chiswick? Hundred words per minute.”

The Doctor laughed again as Donna typed furiously on an archaic keyboard, and up in the grand hall of the Crucible, Daleks were sent crashing into each other like dodgems thanks to Donna’s handiwork.

“System malfunction!” the cries came. “Motor casing interference!”

“What is happening?” the Supreme demanded. “Explain!”

Seizing an opportunity, Jack crept into the TARDIS as Donna rallied her troops around the controls.

“Come on then, boys and girls! We’ve got twenty seven planets to send home. Activate magnetron!”

“Stop this at once!” Davros protested uselessly. “You will desist!”

As Davros rallied his arm to shoot at Donna again, Davros found his viewpoint cut off by the end of a military standard super gun, with Mickey Smith at the opposite end of it.

Captain Jack rushed out of the TARDIS with a number of the weapons strapped to his shoulders. He’d obviously given Mickey his already, and now handed one each to Rose and Jackie, whilst keeping one for himself.

“Just stay where you are, mister!” Mickey bossed.

“Out of the way!” Jack shouted, as he bumped into a malfunctioning Dalek. Using all his strength, he bundled his body into a ball and sent the Dalek crashing through one of the flimsy walls. Following his lead, Rose and Sarah Jane helped, sending a pair of Daleks through the broken decoration.

“Good to see you again!” Sarah Jane chatted.

“Oh, you too!” Rose replied.

“Ready?” Donna’s voice came from the work station, as she, the Doctor, Jackie, Martha and Harriet pulled a number of rods out of the machine. “And reverse!”

“Off you go, Clom!” the Doctor shouted. “Back home, Adipose Three.”

“Shallacatop, Pyrovillia!” Donna continued. “The Lost Moon of Poosh. Sorted. Ha!”

“Ha!” the Doctor reciprocated, before glancing at an alarming screen. “We need more power!”

As Harriet slowed down her work, Rose took the opportunity to catch up with her.

“Harriet?” Rose asked.

“Yes, Rose?” she replied, still distracted by her job but momentarily taking a second out to look her in the eye.

“Be honest, how did you get out?”

“Would you believe there was a trap door in the floor, and I crashed onto a pillow and rode a motorbike to safety?” Harriet giggled.

“No.” Rose put simply.

“Good thing too, because that’s complete poppycock. I was picked up.”

“By who?” Rose asked inquisitively.

“By the Doctor. He told me what I had to do to kick-start this revolution, remember?”

“But the Doctor’s been with me all the time,” Rose was rather defensive. “And he’s not spoken to anyone apart from Donna, so what’s going on?”

“He said he’d be coming by later and explaining everything,” Harriet took a glance at her watch. “Right…about…now.”

And as the minute hand struck 8:30, the room was once again illuminated by the unique blue of a TARDIS, and the creaking engines filled the air as the battered box took precedence in the centre of the room.

Davros’ face filled with horror as the door opened and he saw the face of the one Doctor he had hoped he would never see again…
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 17:53

Here it is, the final part of Journey's Beginning! I've put a hell of a lot of time and effort into this, so thank you to everybody who's read it, and please feel free to review! I'll be posting a separate thread with the completed adventure in shortly, if you feel like a weekend binge of the full thing.

A faint sound, perhaps he said ‘you’, left his crinkled lips as the figure stepped out of the TARDIS, bathed in a heavy dose of light.

The Doctor’s mouth made a similar motion. Anybody but him.

“Sir,” the newcomer called, beckoning Jack to turn his head towards him. “I’m going to need your gun…”

Cautiously, Jack tossed the mysterious man his gun, and he caught it with expert precision. Stroking his fine grey beard, he tugged at his bandolier and aimed the weapon at Davros.

“Hello, Davros,” the War Doctor croaked, his voice evidently strained. “I’ve been looking for you.”

“You?” Davros simply repeated. “How can you be here?”

“Oh, I thought this might happen…” the Eleventh Doctor groaned, flashing a wink at Rose.

“Is this what you were thinking of, your secret plan?” Rose marched up to him.

“Regrettably, yes.” The Doctor answered.

“Have I missed something, what secret plan?” the now defenceless Jack asked.

“He’s me.” The Doctor put simply, pointing to his past self. “My secret, everything I despise. He was the Doctor who fought in the Time War, the one who took pleasure in war, in taking lives.”

“Have I seen you before, mate?” Donna asked the newcomer. “I’m sure I have…”

“No, but you felt him,” the Doctor replied, turning slightly to Rose. “This was Phase 2 in the Metacrisis-a second, stronger telepathic interface. That was this Doctor telling Donna to build the gun. I only guessed it had happened when I saw Donna with the weapon-I never told her to build one, you see.”

“Doctor,” Rose took him by the hands. “I know you think you’re explaining things, but trust me, you’re really not.”

“I have been searching for Davros for nearly a year now, girl.” The War Doctor offered in his gruff tones.

“You said you tried to save me,” Davros sounded awestruck. “When my ship flew into the jaws of the Nightmare Child…”

“Yes,” the Eleventh Doctor nodded. “But Caan saved you instead, so the past me followed the time trail back here-but he’s late, got a bit lost.”

“Upon the way,” the War Doctor continued, his gun still aimed at Davros’ head. “I realised, thanks to a past battle, I was now defenceless. Luckily, I came across another TARDIS, and made contact with the occupant. I told her to build a weapon and that I would meet her on the Crucible where we could fight the Daleks together, but that part must have gotten lost in translation.”

“I don’t get it,” Mickey said, relaxing his gun from Davros now the War Doctor had taken up the position. “Why come all this way just to kill Davros?”

“Closure.” The Warrior put simply.

“But what about Harriet?” Rose asked. “Why did you save her?”

“With respect, Miss Jones, it was entirely unintentional.” The War Doctor replied. “My TARDIS is very shaky these days. I inputted the wrong co-ordinates, which fortunately led me to materialise around her. Once we became acquainted, we came up with this plan to defeat the Daleks, but I see you lot managed to get here before me.”

There was silence all around as everybody tried to comprehend the enormity of these remarkable circumstances, until Jack broke it with one succinct statement.

“Wow.” He said. “That is brilliant.”

“No it isn’t,” the Eleventh Doctor corrected, and again flashed that mischievous smile. “It’s destiny. This was always going to happen. The timelines all focused on Donna, everything here is happening around her-the impossible! The unique! A human with a Time Lord brain. Never ignore a coincidence-and you never did, did you, Dalek Caan?”

“But you promised me, Dalek Caan.” Davros turned to face the writhing mess of a Dalek. “Why did you not foresee this?”

“Are you not listening?” the Eleventh Doctor asked, as the War Doctor edged around Davros, never betraying his advantage. “There’s no such thing as destiny, but it can be engineered. Donna and I are entwined-her car parked right where the TARDIS was going to land! It is the little things like that which make this so perfect.”

“This would always have happened!” Caan retorted to Davros. “I only helped you, Doctor!”

“You betrayed the Daleks!” Davros yelled.

“I saw the Daleks!” Caan laughed back. “What we have done, throughout time and space. I saw the truth of us, creator, and I decreed no more!”

“No More.” The War Doctor whispered to himself.

The tender moment was broken by the hiss of hydraulics, as a circular shaft of light shone down from the grand hall as the Supreme Dalek’s voice was heard.

“I will descend into the Vault!” the voice grew louder.

“Heads up!” Jack warned.

“Davros! You have betrayed us!” the Supreme aimed its blaster at the creator.

“It was Dalek Caan!” Davros whined.

“The Vault will be purged! You will all be exterminated!”

A harsh light shone from the Dalek’s blaster and hit the control panel, sending the Doctor flying. As sparks fluttered away, the War Doctor gave his body a swift jerk and aimed his weapon at the Dalek. Rose, Jackie and Mickey did likewise, and the combined explosive power sent the parts of the former Dalek scattering over the floor.

“Oh, we’ve lost the magnetron!” the Doctor cried as he leapt to his feet and inspected the control panel. “And there’s only one planet left. Oh, guess which one! But we can use our TARDISes!”

The Doctor excitedly ran into his ship, and the weird noise of alien electronics could be heard from outside. The lights of both his and the War Doctor’s TARDISes flashed erratically as his ejaculation was heard from outside the ship.

“Yes! Our TARDISes are connected! Whenever you’re ready!”

Donna, Harriet and Martha were still fiddling around with the controls on the main bank. They knew they had to do something to destroy the Daleks, but they didn’t know what.

“Doctor!” Donna shouted. It took a few moments for the Warrior to realise she was talking to him. “We could do with some help here!”

Realising Davros was practically harmless now, he slung his weapon over his shoulder and marched over to the bank, squinting to inspect a small screen.

“Holding Earth stability. Maintaining atmospheric shell.” He summed up.

“The prophecy must complete!” the abomination suddenly interrupted.

“Don’t listen to him!” Davros ordered uselessly.

“I have seen the end of everything Dalek, and you must make it happen.”

The War Doctor paused for a minute, bowing his head, and brought it back up slowly to address Donna’s worried face.

“He’s right. Because with or without a Reality Bomb, this Dalek Empire’s big enough to slaughter the cosmos. They’ve got to be stopped.”

“Just…” Donna pleaded. “Just wait for the Doctor.”

“I am the Doctor.” He gave her a cold, inhuman look before all hell broke loose and his fingers danced over the complex instruments. “Maximising Dalekanium power feeds-blasting them back!”

All over the universe, the still spinning Daleks began to explode, their components littering the universe as not long after, their ships dissolved into dust. As the warrior watched on the screen, it looked like one might have escaped, but it was nothing to be overly concerned with for now.

Alarmed at the sound of the explosions, the Doctor ran out of his TARDIS, and stared with genuine horror at the carnage burning the Crucible around them.

“What have you done?” He yelled.

“Fulfilling the prophecy.” The War Doctor said emotionlessly.

In all of the universe, the Daleks met their final end in Cardiff, as the Torchwood prisoner shattered the Hub sending tiny bullets into every crevice of the underground base.

“F*** me,” Gwen swore. “There goes the Time Lock.”

Girders crashed around the Doctors and their companions in the Crucible, creating a complex maze filled with fire and ash.

“Do you know what you’ve done?” the Doctor asked his past self angrily. “Now get in a TARDIS, everyone! All of you, inside, run!”

The War Doctor fumbled in his pocket for his rusted key and once the door had opened, he let Rose, Jackie, Mickey and Harriet in-Martha, Jack, Donna and Sarah went with the new Doctor.

As they crawled through the wreckage, the Doctor continued to call, until with Sarah Jane, the last companion was in. As the War Doctor’s ship dematerialized, and Donna began the process for the Doctor’s TARDIS, the Doctor held a desperate hand out.

“Davros! Come with me! I promise, I can save you!”

“Never forget, Doctor, you did this!” Davros raged. “I name you, forever-you are the Destroyer of Worlds!”

The TARDIS faded into nothingness, and as the Doctor hastily shut the door, he heard one last thing from the insane voice of Dalek Caan.

“One will still die.”

The Crucible finally exploded, giving a massive boost to the escaping TARDISes. In the coral console room, the Doctor and Donna worked a few switches, and a circular hologram screen gave them a view into the warrior’s TARDIS, a feat which was repeated over there.

“Off we go!” the Doctor smiled childishly.

“But what about the Earth?” Sarah asked. “It’s stuck in the wrong part of space.

“I’m on it,” the Doctor comforted her, bringing the monitor swinging round to his eye line and tapping the screen. “Torchwood Hub, this is the Doctor, are you receiving me?”

The friendly faces of Gwen Cooper and Ianto Jones materialised on the screen.

“Loud and clear,” Gwen reported. “New face, Doctor?”

“Finally,” the Doctor clapped sarcastically. “Someone notices.”

He shot an aside at Donna, who playfully slapped him back.

“Is Jack there?” Gwen asked.

“Can’t get rid of him!” the Doctor moved aside slightly to let them get a look at the captain. “Jack, what’s her name?”

“Gwen Cooper.” Jack and Gwen both said simultaneously.

“Tell me, Gwen Cooper.” The Doctor leaned closer. “Are you from an old Cardiff family?”

“Yes, all the way back to the eighteen hundreds.” Gwen asked with a confused tone.

“Ah, thought so. Are you getting this, Rose?”

“Oh, yeah!” Rose’s voice beamed from the War Doctor’s ship.

“Spatial genetic multiplicity, yeah, it’s a funny old world. Now, Torchwood! I want you to open up that rift manipulator. Send all the power to us.”

Ianto temporarily edged Gwen out of the screen.

“Doing it now, sir.” He saluted, to which the Doctor cringed.

“What’s that for?” Donna came up behind him.

“It’s a tow rope,” he answered. “Now then, Sarah, what was your son’s name?”

“Luke,” she replied proudly. “He’s called Luke. And the computer’s called Mr Smith!”

“Calling Luke and Mr Smith!” the Doctor called, making a mock telephone symbol with his hand.

In the forbidden world of the Attic, Mr Smith blared out his signature tune as Luke Smith was startled by the Doctor’s face appearing on the screen.

“This is the Doctor, come on, Luke, shake a leg!”

“Doctor!” the boy smiled. “Did you changed your face? I mean, is Mum there?”

“Oh, she’s fine and dandy!”

“Yes!” Sarah squealed, grabbing the Doctor tightly by the torso in celebration. “Yes!”

“Now, Mr Smith,” the Doctor continued. “I want you to harness the Rift power and loop it around our two TARDISes, you got that?”

“I regret I will need remote access to TARDIS base code numerals.” Mr Smith stated.

“Oh, blimey.” The Doctor ran a hand through his hair. “That’s going to take a while.”

Sarah Jane elbowed the Doctor out of view and brought her lips to meet the microphone.

“No, no, no, let me. K-9, out you come!”

In a flash or amber light, the metallic shape of K-9 trundled into view beside Luke and extended its nose towards Sarah Jane.

“Affirmative, Mistress!”

“Oh, oh ho!” the Doctor’s face took precedence over Sarah’s. “Oh, good dog! K-9, give Mr Smith the base code!”

“Master.” K-9 responded, plugging its nose into a vacant port in Mr Smith’s machinery. “TARDIS bade code now being transferred. The process is simple.”

There was a somewhat lengthy silence before K-9 brought up the inevitable.

“If you will allow me to comment, Master, I am not a fan of your new appearance.

“Oh, be quiet, K-9. Bad dog.”

“Affirmative, Master.” The dog whimpered, lowering its shamed head.

“Now then, you lot” the Doctor clapped his hands together. “You know what we need to do, yes?” he asked the War Doctor, whose face was prominent on the connecting screen.

The Doctor skipped around the control console, pointing at various things and guiding the hands of his uncertain companions towards them.

“Sarah, hold that down. Martha, keep that level. Jack, there you go. Donna, you got this, yeah?”

On board the War Doctor’s TARDIS, a similar thing was happening, although with perhaps a less kind voice guiding them.

“Mickey, you hold that. Rose, steady that, that there. For God’s sake, Harriet, I taught you this before. No, Jackie, no, no, not you. Just stand back, and don’t touch anything. Doctor? We’re done!”

The Doctor flashed his non-existent self a thumbs up and addressed his companions, on both ships.

“Right, do you know why this TARDIS is always rattling about the place?” His question went unanswered. “It’s designed to have six pilots, and I have to do it single handed. But not anymore. Now we can fly this thing like it’s meant to be flown. We’ve got the Torchwood rift looped around our ships by Mr Smith, and we’re going to fly Planet Earth back home. Right then, off we go!”

On both ships, buttons, switches and levers were sent into action as the TARDISes began to wobble, before picking up momentum and hurtling through the fabric of time, dragging the Earth back behind them on an invisible tow rope.

The planet shook, valuables and commodities breaking with every parsec the world travelled. A vase smashed a few feet away from Luke Smith, Ianto held Gwen as a computer screen exploded in her face, Francine’s windows shattered and Wilf and Sylvia desperately tried to stop their precious framed photos from toppling off their shelves.

Jack balanced two large levers with almost deadly precision, an accomplishment watched with much admiration by Donna.

“That’s really good, Jack.” She flirted. “I think you’re the best.”

A stray spaceman on the moon shielded his eyes and was shaken to the ground as the Earth was pulled back into view, his gravity disrupted by the return of the planet.

The TARDIS let go of the metaphorical rope, and celebrations rang out all around the galaxy. Luke began to tidy away the vase. Gwen and Ianto checked the news to see what the hell had just happened. Francine ran out of the door to feel natural air on her face, and Sylvia held up some boxes as Wilf dug around in the shed for some celebratory fireworks.

Hugs were abound in both TARDISes. The Doctor leapt on Sarah Jane almost instantly, and then Martha, then Jack, and then Donna. Jack tried to pull Sarah Jane in, but she was tugged unceremoniously off him by Donna, who grabbed on and probably never let go.

The War Doctor wasn’t one for emotion, but he did stand there whilst Rose wrapped her arms around his neck, and he did allow a brief kiss on the cheek by Harriet.

“Good job!” Jackie’s voice was heard loudly contributing to the endless cheers echoing around the world.

The Doctors had decided to wait until the next day to drop everybody back off at Earth-if they’d have landed on the day itself, it would be far too busy, and there would be far too many questions.

They materialised simultaneously in a small park, probably somewhere in London but nobody had checked for sure. It was the middle of the day, the Sun shining brightly down on the dozens of children playing on the swings and slides scattered around.

Church bells echoed around as, outside the TARDIS, the Doctor and Sarah let go of each other as their warm hug ended.

“You know, you act like such a lonely man.” Sarah grinned. “But look at you. You’ve got the biggest family on Earth.” She checked her watch before instantly running off in the opposite direction, calling to the Doctor. “Oh! Got to go, he’s only fourteen! It’s a long story! Thank you, see you again!”

Donna barged out of the door, holding her phone up for reception before bringing it back down to her ear.

“Yeah, I’m fine, are you all right?” she flashed an invisible smile to Gramps.

The War Doctor tried to unstick the corroded lock in the door. As the companions loitered, waiting to be released, Mickey took Jackie to a secluded spot in the console room.

“I’m going to miss you more than anyone.” He confessed.

“What do you mean?” Jackie was concerned. “The Doctor’s going to take us home, isn’t he?”

“Well, that’s the point.”

A shower of sparks blew from the Vortex Manipulator as the Doctor removed his Sonic Screwdriver from it.

“I told you, no teleport!” he scolded the Time Agent.

There was a creak as the War Doctor’s TARDIS door flew open. Martha was the first out, and immediately walked over to greet the new Doctor with a hug.

“Martha!” the Doctor ejaculated. “Do us a favour, get rid of that Osterhagen thing, eh? Save the world one more time.”

“Consider it done.” She saluted, and Jack followed. Regrettably, he returned it. “Nice to see you’ve not changed everything.” She nodded towards the Sonic Screwdriver, which was the only thing, other than the TARDIS, which hadn’t changed.

“I’m not sure really.” The Doctor moaned. “Could do for an upgrade. Same with this old thing.” He patted the side of the TARDIS. “See you.”

The Doctor and Martha waved to each other, before she span in the opposite direction, linked arms with Jack and walked away with him.

“You know, I’m not sure about UNIT these days.” He whispered in her ear. “Maybe there’s something else you could be doing?”

“Hey, you two!” came a voice from behind them. They turned to see Mickey walking up to them cheerfully, or trying to until the Doctor stopped him.

“Oi!” he yelled. “Where are you going?”

“Well, I’m not stupid.” Mickey said defensively. “I can work out what happens next. And hey, I had a good time in that parallel world, but my gran passed away. Nice and peaceful. She spent her last years living in a mansion. There’s nothing there for me now, certainly not Rose.”

“What will you do?” the Doctor asked inquisitively.

“Anything.” Mickey said optimistically. “Brand new life, just you watch. See you boss.”

He bumped fists with the Doctor, before jogging off to join Jack and Martha.

“Oh, thought I’d got rid of you!” Jack joked.

Donna, Rose, Jackie and Harriet were standing in a circle in between the two ships, chatting cheerfully and presumably swapping stories about their time travelling escapades.

The Doctor walked over, casting a shadow over the women.

“Can I give you two a lift?” he asked, referring to Rose and Jackie.

“Glad someone’s offered!” Jackie laughed feistily. “Tight bugger here’s shifted us all out!” she pointed to the War Doctor, who was desperately trying to unstick the lock.

“Come on,” the Doctor ushered Donna, Rose and Jackie into his ship. As he was about to close the door behind them, he felt a sharp tap on his shoulder.

“Can I go with them?” Harriet pleaded. “If you’re taking them back to the other universe. There’s nothing here for me now. I’m a washed up old has been, and I dread to think what the cost of renovating my house will be.”

“You don’t have much of a name for yourself over there either.” The Doctor said. “You could, but you’d have to keep a very low profile.”

“You know,” the War Doctor stretched, rising to his feet. “I wouldn’t mind if you came with me.”

“Really?” Harriet sounded elated.

“You’ve proven yourself remarkably well in such a situation, I could do with your help. I can show you worlds and stars beyond your wildest dreams.”

“It’s hard to say no to that kind of an offer.” Harriet leaned up to kiss the Doctor’s cheek. “Goodbye, Doctor. Until the last time.”

“Goodbye, Harriet.” He waved her off as she ran into the battered TARDIS.

Now they were companionless, the two Doctors faced each other in between the ships.

“I’m surprised.” The new Doctor said. “You don’t normally take companions.”

“I have to say, having all those companions, it really brought back to me what I’ve been missing. I especially liked the girl, Rose Tyler. Tell me, do I ever see her again?”

“Oh,” the Doctor giggled. “That’d be spoiling.”

“I won’t remember this anyway.” The War Doctor noted.

“On a technicality.” The Doctor revealed.

“But doesn’t this change the past?” the War Doctor asked. “If I travel with Miss Jones before you even meet her?”

“Who says this isn’t the past?” the Doctor said slyly. “It’s Harriet Jones. We know who she is.”

The Doctor dropped his face, and his voice became gravelly as he became serious.

“But you need someone to stop you. You committed genocide back there. You’re too dangerous to be left on your own. You were born in battle, full of blood and anger and revenge.”

“Is that what you’re running away from?” the War Doctor retorted. “Is that why you’re so childish?”

The Doctor paused, before flashing a smile and giving the warrior a wave.

“See you, Grandad.” He turned on his heel, yet again, and shut the door of the TARDIS behind him as he dematerialized the ancient ship. “Hope I never see you again.”

The War Doctor watched, before dragging his world weary feet along, closing his own door (Possibly forever if the lock was still catching) and setting off for new adventures with Harriet Jones-the woman the entire universe will soon know.

Rose relaxed with her Mum on the battered pilots’ seat. It was appropriate that, for her, this was where the adventure had started and this was where it would end.

“Just time for one last trip,” the Doctor stated, helping Donna flick a number of switches. “Darlig Ulv Stranden. Better known as…”

Bad Wolf Bay was always where Rose’s adventures ended. As the TARDIS solidified, an irritated Jackie set foot onto the wet sand and sighed heavily.

“Oh fat lot of good this is!” she said as the Doctor, Donna and Rose followed her out of the ship. “Back of beyond, bloody Norway! I’m going to have to phone your father, he’s on the nursery run.”

She approached the Doctor.

“I was pregnant, do you remember? Had a baby boy.”

“Oh, brilliant!” the Doctor air kissed her cheeks. “What did you call him?”

“Doctor.” Jackie responded dryly.

“Really?” the Doctor asked.

“No, you plum!” Jackie slapped him. “He’s called Tony.”

“Hold on,” Rose interrupted. “This is the parallel universe, right?”

“You’re back home.” The Doctor flashed Rose another smile.

“And the walls of the world are closing again, now that the Reality Bomb never happened.” Donna contributed. “It’s dimensional retro closure. See, I really get that stuff now.”

“No, but I spent all that time trying to find you, I’m not going back now!” Rose protested.

“But you’ve got to.” The Doctor retorted. “You’re good here, you’ve got a family, a job, a life. There’s nothing back home. You’re dead, officially, all of you. If you went back now, the papers would never have ‘Miracle Girl Returns from the Dead’ headlines off their front pages.”

“I could always make a new identity, or blame it on a paperwork mix up.” Rose indicated.

“I want you here.” The Doctor took her by the hands and pierced her soul with his eyes. “You’re good. More than a shop worker now, eh?”

The TARDIS gave a desperate, heaving sound, its top light flashing urgently.

“We've got to go.” The Doctor explained. “This reality is sealing itself off for ever.”

“All right.” Rose looked back at him. “When I last stood on this beach on the worst day of my life, what was the last thing you said to me? Go on, say it.” She urged.

“I said ‘Rose Tyler’.”

“Yeah, and how was that sentence going to end?” she proceeded.

“Does it need saying?” the Doctor was beginning to blush a bright red.

“What was the end of that sentence?” Rose repeated.

The Doctor pulled her by the ear and whispered three small words into it. He tried to pull back, but Rose pulled him closer, kissing him passionately and tenderly until her lips ran dry. With a sad smile, the Doctor and Donna set off back to the TARDIS and as it dematerialized, Rose watched with a tear forming in her eye.

The TARDIS hummed with life again back in its native universe, and as the Doctor watched his companion work the controls with the same sad face, Donna bounded about with endless energy, babbling and babbling about the most nonsensical things.

“I thought we could try the planet Felspoon. Just because. What a good name, Felspoon. Apparently, it’s got mountains that sway in the breeze. Mountains that move, can you imagine?”

“And how do you know that?” the Doctor asked ignorantly.

“Because it’s in your head, and if it’s in your head, it’s in mine.”

“And how does that feel?” the Doctor continued.

“Brilliant! Fantastic! Molto Bene!” she ejaculated. “Great big universe, packed into my brain. You know, you could fix that chameleon circuit if you just tried hot binding the fragment links and superseding the binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary.”

She took a huge gasp of air before she continued.

“I'm fine. Nah, never mind Felspoon. You know who I'd like to meet? Charlie Chaplin. I bet he's great, Charlie Chaplin. Shall we do that? Shall we go and see Charlie Chaplin? Shall we? Charlie Chaplin? Charlie Chester. Charlie Brown. No, he's fiction. Friction, fiction, fixing, mixing, Rickston, Brixton. Oh my God.”

Donna buckled onto the console and clutched her fiery temples in intense pain.

“Do you know what’s happening?” the Doctor asked tenderly.

“Yeah.” Donna mouthed.

“There’s never been a human Time Lord metacrisis before now. And you know why.”

“Because there can’t be.” They looked each other in the eye. “I want to stay.”

“Look at me, Donna, really look at me.”

And then she saw it. The death knell. She was the child destined to die.

“I was going to be with you forever.”

This was a fate worse than death, a fate the Doctor acknowledge sombrely.

“I know.”

“The rest of my life, travelling in the TARDIS. The Doctor Donna. No.”

Donna backed away as she saw the Doctor roll up his sleeves…

“Oh my God, I can’t go back. Don’t make me go back.”

The Doctor spread his fingers wide.

“Doctor, please, please don’t make me go back.”

“Donna. Oh, Donna Noble, I am sorry. But we had the best of times. The best. Goodbye.”

The Doctor’s hands were on Donna’s head.

“No, no, no, no!”

Donna felt her very being erased, all her adventures becoming stories, her soul burned and felt empty, but she continued to protest.

“Please, please, no, no, no!”

With one last pathetic try, Donna collapsed into the Doctor’s arms. He sobbed and held his companion, burying his floppy hair in her combed scalp.

Where there’s tears, there’s hope. Not always.

“That must be her!” Wilf’s loud voice could be heard from the other side of the door. As he responded to the endless knocking, his happy face was replaced with utter devastation as he saw what was in front of him. “Donna?”

The Doctor was on his knees, holding the rain soaked Donna in his arms still, the TARDIS parked a few blocks down the road, its white window lights shedding some light on the scene.

“Help me!” the Doctor begged.

“Donna?” Wilf cried. “Donna?”

With Donna on the bed upstairs, the Doctor sat in the Nobles’ living room, his hands warmed by a small cup of tea. He was watched by two sets of eyes. Wilf’s implored him for answers. Sylvia’s implored him to get out of their house.

“She took my mind into her own head.” The Doctor explained. “But that’s a Time Lord consciousness. All that knowledge, it was killing her.”

“But she’ll get better now?” Wilf asked desperately.

“I had to wipe her mind completely. Every trace of me, of the TARDIS, anything we did together, anywhere we went, had to go.”

“All those wonderful things she did.” Wilf muttered, chewing his thumb tentatively.

“I know,” the Doctor nodded. “But that version of Donna is dead. Because if she remembers, just for a second, she’ll burn up. You can never tell her. You can’t mention me or any of it for the rest of her life.”

“But the whole world’s talking about it!” Sylvia said. “We travelled across space!”

“It’ll just be a story.” The Doctor comforted them, and himself. Memories are where stories go when they’re forgotten. “One of those Donna Noble stories, where she missed it all again.”

“But she was better with you!” Wilf sobbed.

“Don’t say that.” Sylvia tutted.

“No, she was!” Wilf shouted, and Sylvia rightly squirmed in her sofa.

“I was want you to know, there are worlds out there, safe in the sky because of her.” The Doctor told them. “That there are people living in the light, and singing songs of Donna Noble, a thousand million light years away. They will never forget her, while she can never remember. And for one moment. One shining moment. She was the most important woman in the whole wide universe.”

“She still is.” Sylvia fixed the Doctor with a stare. “She’s my daughter.”

“Then maybe you should tell her that once in a while.”

Thirteen bumps came in quick succession from upstairs, and before anybody could react, Donna Noble was in the living room.

“I was asleep on my bed in my clothes, like a flipping kid, what do you let me do that for?” she laughed, before regarding the stranger. “Don’t mind me, Donna.”

“John Smith.” The Doctor offered a hand, which was declined. Donna had already gone back to checking her mobile.

“Mister Smith was just leaving.” Sylvia explained.

“My phone’s gone mad!” Donna giggled. “Thirty two texts, Veena’s gone barmy, she’s saying planets in the sky! What have I missed now? Nice to meet you.”

As Donna headed to the kitchen, Sylvia rose and looked down at the Doctor.

“As I said.” She stated. “I think you should go.”

As the Doctor made to leave, he couldn’t help but take one last prolonged look at Donna, who leaned against the fridge chatting inanely into her gadget.

“How thick do you think I am? Planets?! Tell you what that was, Dumbo. That’s those two for one lagers you gets down the offy because you fancy that little man in there with the goatee!” she laughed and took a sip of orange juice. “Yes you do! I’ve seen you!”

“Donna?” the Doctor’s voice made her turn. “I was just going.”

“Yeah see you.” She said ignorantly, before returning to her phone. “I tell you what though, you’re wasting your time with that one, because Susie Mair, she went on that dating site, and she saw him! No, no, no, no! Listen, listen, this is important. Susie Mair wouldn’t lie. Not unless it was about calories. Ha ha ha!”

Wilf opened the door for the Doctor, whose face fell as soon as he saw the rain from before had not dried up, but was now coming down even more heavily.

“Ah.” He mumbled. “You’ll have quite a bit of this. Atmospheric disturbance. Still, it’ll pass. Everything does.” He turned to his friend. “Bye then, Wilfred.”

“Is it odd?” Wilf grabbed his arm before he left. “Having a new face and all?”

“I’m used to it by now.” The Doctor played it cool.

“I quite like it,” Wilf admitted. “Very stylish.”

“I don’t think your daughter’s very happy about it.” The Doctor joked.

“Eh, well when is she every happy?” Wilf returned. “But what about you now? Who’ve you got? I mean, all those friends of yours?”

“They’ve all got someone else.” The Doctor admitted. “Still, that’s fine. I’m fine.”

“I’ll watch out for you, sir.”

“You can’t ever tell her!” the Doctor warned.

“No, no, no. But every night, Doctor, when it gets dark, and the stars come out, I’ll look up on her behalf. I’ll look up at the sky, and think of you.”

“Thank you.”

The Doctor and Wilf shook hands, as he pulled his tweed jacket over his head and skipped over to the waiting TARDIS. Once he was inside, the ship took only a few seconds to dematerialize.

Wilf stood in the doorway, his eyes welling up as he saluted the ship right down to the point where its final atom had left Chiswick.

A few days later for the Doctor, and the TARDIS was in a bad shape. So was the Sonic Screwdriver, but it would do for now. As he made an emergency landing, he dove out of the doors as smoke trailed behind him.

Pulling his face up from the soggy grass beneath him, he saw a young girl look down on him. The girl probably thought he was slightly odd. But he’d soon prove to her he was normal enough. He just needed some food. But he hadn’t actually eaten anything yet in this new incarnation. He didn’t know what he’d like.

One adventure may have just finished, but for the new Doctor, his adventures were only just beginning…
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:21

That was a nice read for a Monday evening, I genuinely clapped at the end of it. I really liked this idea as whole, do you plan on doing anymore alternate adventures? I'm intrigued for one!
LastOfTheSonics
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 8:33

Thank you very much! If I do another, it'll be after Christmas I think but I was wondering how World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls would pan out, seeing as in this AU, the End of Time never happened...
Dalek
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum