Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

BBC CONTROLLER ON THE NEW DOCTOR

Go down

BBC CONTROLLER ON THE NEW DOCTOR

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 23 Aug 2018 - 9:35

BBC Controller on 13: Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors in favour of a Doctor with energy, spark and reliability"

Former Doctor Who Executive Producer and current BBC Drama Controller Piers Wenger has shared his views on what he believes Jodie Whittaker brings to the role of the Doctor.
Jodie Whittaker placed 15th in The Radio Times TV 100, a list of the, according to the publication, ‘hottest TV stars of the past 12 months’.
Celebrating Whittaker’s placement, Wenger states: “It’s a testament to the energy and focus that Jodie has brought to Doctor Who that it’s hard to distinguish where one ends and the other begins. She said from the start that she could only do it her way and so it has become.
He continues: “Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors in favour of a Doctor with energy, spark and relatability.”
Meanwhile, BBC Content director Charlotte Moore congratulated new showrunner Chris Chibnall who places higher in the number two spot.
She said: “Chris is a wonderfully talented multi-award-winning writer whose catalogue of work speaks for itself. I can’t wait to see his passion and vision for Doctor Who come to life on BBC1 this autumn. As a lifelong fan himself, I know he will bring something very special to the hit series to captivate old and new fans across the globe.”

My opinion is this is an insult to the last 13 actors to portray the role and its what makes the character of the Doctor.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BBC CONTROLLER ON THE NEW DOCTOR

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 23 Aug 2018 - 9:58

Well, there you have it folks. Just as I said right from the beginning. They haven't cast a female Doctor because "the time is right" or for some form of "diversity", it's literally been done because this guy has radical views. No, seriously, look at what he said.

He has essentially called all 13 of the wonderful actors to have played the Doctor over the last 50 odd years idiots or 'perculiar'.

Last edited by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 23 Aug 2018 - 11:35; edited 1 time in total
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 23 Aug 2018 - 10:50

On Twitter two tweet sums this up quite well.
Eddie McGuigan of Outpost Skaro said " What a F**** to 12 amazing actors.

Which Katy Manning (Jo Grant companion to the third Doctor) said : I can't help but agree! A change should not dismiss the wonderful history of this incredible show xxxx
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 23 Aug 2018 - 11:37

Doctor Who back then: An entertaining sci-fi show with great actors and only the occasional satire reference which even so was presented in a light-hearted enjoyable manner.

Doctor Who now: I'm trying to think of a word better than Extremist. Sorry, but it literally is. Imagine if someone had said "Oh yea screw all these women, now we have a man in charge!" That would be seen as sexist, but apparently it's ok to say "Oh yea screw all these men! Women are the way forward!" It's an extreme view, you can't deny it.
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 23 Aug 2018 - 12:32

Exactly!!
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content