Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

LastOfTheSonics' Fan Series - Save the Future

Go down

LastOfTheSonics' Fan Series - Save the Future

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 17:15

So as previously announced, here it is, the spin-off series! If you haven't already, I would recommend checking out my main 'The Life of Elliot' series, as the two Fan Series are set in the same universe. As for any direct connections, well you'll have to wait and see  Wink.

The first release shall follow shortly!
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: LastOfTheSonics' Fan Series - Save the Future

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 20:50

Save the Future #1 – Trojan:

Victor Pryce was a man of great intelligence, yet at the same time had managed to do some of the most careless things a man could do. He was 43 years old, and had lived in the same apartment for nearly 16 years now. Every night was the same, he’d pour himself a glass of scotch and then stand at his window, looking out over the streets beneath him.

On the contrary, every morning was different. Victor’s job was, to a degree, illegal. He had always been an expert with computers, and once he had used this intelligence to commit cybercrime. However, he had since been turned, using his advanced knowledge for good, and preventing other hackers who are like the man he once was. Technology had evolved considerably quicker in this universe than most; the first personal computer was made in the early 1900s, naturally this also meant hacking had more time to grow to a larger threat.
Being a Black British Male, Victor had received a lot of discrimination throughout his life, however he had risen far above stereotyping and prejudice views. Now he was a man that many people would beg to have as an ally, especially given the increase in security breaches nowadays.

Currently, he was doing his nightly routine of watching out on the streets below. He always thought to himself what his life would’ve been like if he’d never been a hacker. He would never have gotten such a fancy apartment, nor would it be so high up. Perhaps he would’ve been in the same condition as those living in poverty below. He always tried his best not to take his life for granted, but at some points he was unable to help this.

20th May 2002
Like most people, Victor was reluctantly woken up with the blaring sound of an alarm clock. He performed his morning routine, and as he was adjusting his tie, there was a knock on the door. “Just a second!” he called out. But the visitor was impatient, and knocked a second time, “Alright I said just a second!” Victor rushed to make himself look presentable. He finished with a touch of aftershave, and then headed for the door. He looked through the peephole, but there was no one there. Confused, he opened the door, and noticed a package on the ground. It was a small box, addressed to him. He glanced left and then right, and then left again, but the corridor was empty. He checked the package, and it was indeed addressed to him. He couldn’t recall ordering anything recently, but took it in nonetheless.

He sliced it open carefully, but there was nothing dangerous inside. Instead, he was greeted with a polystyrene box. He lifted the box out, and slowly removed the top section. The object inside was extremely bizarre. It was a small clay cat ornament. It was unique, and hand-crafted, but it was only 6 or 7 inches at the most, not very big. Victor was extremely confused by this, so searched the box for an invoice, but there wasn’t one. He checked his watch, and then swore under his breath upon noticing he was running late. As he rushed off, he didn’t tidy up the package, leaving the cat ornament on the table…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 17:09

Save the Future #2 – Virus:

“Ohhhh, mate. Sorry I’m late, first this mysterious package arrived, and then there was horrendous traffic. Honestly, London these days,” Victor was apologetic, but at the same was acting overdramatic. “Well it wouldn’t be the first time Victor, nor will it be the last,” responded Charles, another British man who was a similar age to him. Their friendly digs at each other were what they had grown accustomed to. “Anyway listen,” Charles began, “There was a massive security breach last night at this bank. I’ve forgotten what it was called, but apparently the whole system nearly went on shutdown. Luckily, the nightshift managed to fight it off. But today, you’re gonna be needed to double-check the encryption software, and possibly install additional anti-virus software. But hey, the good news at least you get to stay here. I’ve got a shift in Ingatestone today, then one in Ongar tomorrow.” Victor laughed, “Wow, that’s a really harsh life,” he jokingly remarked, as Charles colloquially pinched him. As Victor sat down at his desk, he noticed a strange man on the other side of the room. He too looked smart and presentable, wearing a stripy blazer with a waistcoat underneath. He pulled out a pocket watch, and then placed it back into his pocket. His black hair was gelled back, and his shoes were pointy. He was also carrying a leather briefcase. Victor had not seen this man before, and was intrigued, watching him as he walked down the corridor out of view. Strangely enough, Victor did not see him pass through the opening in between the two shelves which that same corridor could be seen; it was as if he had just vanished…

Several hours had passed, Victor had been working on the exact same case all day. He was tempted to just give up and walk away, but he knew that was the immoral thing to do. Although it wasn’t that late, the office around him was empty; although there never were many people working in this area, it had never been dead silent. Victor looked around, the loneliness was getting to him. At the far end of the office, he noticed a man facing away from him, staring at a blank wall. He was gesturing his arms about, as though he was talking to someone. Partly out of confusion – and partly out of a desire to break the silence – Victor cautiously made his way over to the man.

As he got closer, he realised it was the same suited man he saw vanish earlier. He still hadn’t come up with an explanation for that, but Victor was never one to think supernaturally. As he edged closer, he could hear the man was talking; albeit very quietly, not quite whispering, but a low mumble. He was only a few metres from him now, yet he still couldn’t decipher what was being said. The man stopped, and slowly began to turn around…

“Victor!” Charles called out from the other end of the office, prompting him to turn back. Victor didn’t have a response, he immediately turned back, but again the suited man had done a disappearing act; quite literally. “Are you alright?” Charles approached him, concerned. “What? Oh! Oh yes, I’m quite alright friend,” He looked and sounded sincere. “Have you seen a ghost?” Charles knew something wasn’t right, but didn’t know what the best way to approach the situation was. “Well…” Victor didn’t know how to respond to that question.

Victor and Charles were reviewing the CCTV footage of that day. “There!” Victor pointed out the moment which he was approaching the suited man, although in this footage, he was absent. “What the devil were you looking at here then?” Charles asked. Even Victor was confused, the suited man had not been recorded, but Victor was certain it was real, “But he was there! I swear to you I wasn’t seeing things. I could hear him mumbling as well! Go back a few more hours, I saw him in the morning too!” Charles shrugged and went through with it, although he wasn’t buying Victor’s story. “So you see me, I’m looking at the corridor, the man walks down the corridor, and… Wait a minute, but he was there! I promise you I saw him walk off!” Victor persisted. “Look I’m sure you did see someone, maybe you just got the timings wrong. Loads of people walked down this corridor today, yourself included. Look I’ll leave you to review it again if it’ll ease your mind, but I really need to get back, it’s my anniversary, remember?” Victor nodded, “Ok, ok, fine. Go, go! Goodnight Charles!” He rushed him out. Victor turned back around to face the monitors, but was given the shock of his life when all of them displayed the same image. It was the man’s face, starring fiendishly at Victor – who was terrified and confused…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 24 Feb 2018 - 13:44

Save the Future #3 – Worm:

“What do you want?” Victor was cowered in the corner of the room, the man’s face starring into him. All the monitors suddenly went black, turning off. Victor could finally close his eyes and breathe out, although he was still in shock. “I want your help, Mr. Pryce…” Now, the man had appeared in physical form, right in front of a terrified Victor. “W-who are you?” He asked. “I am known simply as ‘The Friend’,” He strolled around the room, examining every detail – the walls, the monitors, all of it – “S-so, judging by that title… you aren’t here to harm me?” Victor reassured himself. “I have no intent to harm you, nor do I possess any ill-will…” His voice was slow, eerie and ominous; mildly sinister too. “What do you want from me then?” He continued fiddling about with the room’s details, “I require a service… from you”. “Me? Why me?” “Oh, it has to be you… Mister Victor Pryce. No one else would have the correct… mind-set, shall we say… to carry out the task which you are soon to be presented with…” “Mind-set? What mind-set? What do you want me to do?” ‘The Friend’ stopped playing about with the room, and turned to face Victor, approaching him slowly, “I want you… to change, the future… In three days, an event will happen… a common event… but the contents of this specific event, this specific occurrence… are vastly different. You will be required to carry out a task which, in the long-run, will save countless lives…” Victor gulped, “I-I-I don’t understand.” ‘The Friend’ smiled, “Oh… you soon will do…” The slow and sinister voice sent chills down Victor’s spine, “I’ll be seeing you… Mr. Pryce…” And as if by magic, he faded away, but his unnerving smile remained on Victor’s mind…

21st May 2002
Victor woke up the following morning, although he had hardly slept. The sinister smile and tone of ‘The Friend’ had plagued his mind with a million questions. Nonetheless, he got up, had a shower and cleansed himself as per usual with his morning routine. He headed down to the café opposite his apartment block. It was old, but it served good quality food nonetheless. Unnerved, Victor darted his eyes around the café for any sign of the ominous man. Many other people in the café were also going to work, therefore there were many suited man, all of which had startled Victor. “The correct mind-set?” He said to himself, “What ‘mind-set’? What ‘task?’” he heard footsteps approaching him from behind, and he took a deep breath…

“I’m ready for you this time. I think we have a great deal to talk about…” Victor wasn’t as scared as before, but this bravery was put to vain. “Sorry? Do we know each other?” It was one of the waitresses working at the café, nothing malevolent. “Oh… oh no. No I was just practicing…” Victor lied, and the girl gave him a weird look, “…for my… presentation! Yes, presentation. I have a presentation I must… present to my team… later today,” he smiled innocently, and she nodded, believing his story; although she thought he had overused the word ‘present’. “You were one of the ones who paid at the till, correct?” He nodded, “Yes I have the receipt here,” as he fished through his pockets, he failed to find the receipt. “It’s here somewhere… give me a moment,” he kept searching thoroughly, but his pockets were empty. “Oh come on, not another cheapskate!” He put his hands up “No, no! I promise I paid. You can ask the lady at the till.” The girl didn’t believe his story, “You really think I’m that stupid? Walking away and allowing you enough time to make a run for the door?” He shook his head in desperation, “No! Listen!” He tried reasoning with her, but his luck appeared to have run out.

“Excuse me…” A deep-chilling voice said from behind, “I believe you dropped this…” Victor was handed his receipt, “Ah. Thank y-” Just as he was about to thank the good Samaritan, he looked up and instantly recognised the face. It was ‘The Friend’. “Here you go…” he showed it to the girl, “My apologies,” she left Victor alone, as he redirected his attention to the ominous man. “Odd… you’re not shaking at all. That’s… perfect… we need a man… without fear… Fear creates… Fury… Fury creates… Deterrence… Deterrence creates… Betrayal…” The words sent a chill down Victor’s spine, as the man took a seat. “You can sit?” Victor didn’t understand the boundaries of the man anymore. “Oh my dear Mr. Pryce, I can do a great many things…” he smiled, and made a sinister laugh…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 17:43

Save the Future #4 – Phishing:

“Enough of all this ‘ambiguity’ and ‘anonymity’. Just tell me what you want,” Victor didn’t stray. “A brave man in a… frightful situation can make… all the difference… in the universe… the multiverse… creation itself…” The man was pale like a ghost, although no one else in the café seemed to care. “I come from… a future… yes, a future… not the future… time can be… rewritten.” Victor rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah, yeah and you want me to change the future and whatnot. All because apparently I have the right ‘mind-set’ or something ridiculous like that.” The man looked cross, “When presented with… your task… you will regret your… mocking… You will have no choice… you will be forced… to carry it out… you must note this…” Victor shrugged, “And? Why me? If you keep being ambiguous I just won’t do it.” The man’s cross expression intensified, “If you do not carry out the task… then you shall… suffer… forever…” Victor looked fed up, “You know what, enough. I’m done with your games and odd words. You know where to stick your task.” Victor jumped up out of his chair and headed to exit the café…

The next moment, he was no longer there. Suddenly, he was in a pitch black domain. There was nothing but darkness at all. “Hello?” His voice echoed, and he could hear everything happening within himself. His swallowing, his blood flowing, all of his bodily function. He clenched his fists and tried to cover his ears, but that only made it worse. He started hitting himself, and then bellowed out a deafening scream. He could hear his vocal chords open and then close. After several seconds, the loud scream echoed back to him, and then out again, and then back again. Steadily increasing in volume every time… “Make it stop! Please!” He yelled out, riving in pain.

Suddenly, he was back in the café again, sitting in the chair. No one around him had noticed anything had happened… “Thirty seconds… those were the… worst… thirty seconds… of your life… ever, Mr Pryce... Now imagine that pain… living that same experience… over and over again… for eternity… Time doesn’t apply in that… dimension… there is nothing there… apart from darkness… you could never die… death doesn’t exist there… you would simply go mad… forever…” Victor was haunted by his experience already, “Ok, the task, I’ll do it. Please, don’t ever do that to me again, I’ll do it. I’ll do the task.” ‘The Friend’ smiled successfully. “In two days… a baby will be born… In 118 years, that baby will become… ruthless… that baby will… ruin the world… ruin humanity… that baby will break the laws of space and time… itself. It cannot be… allowed… to live…” Victor shook his head, “You want me to… kill… a baby?” The man shrugged, “It would not be the… first time… would it?” Victor looked confused. “Observe…”

Unwanted memories were being forced into Victor’s mind, and he was thrown back to a time when he did something he regretted. “No. No! I don’t want to remember!” He pleaded, but was forced to think about what he had done. “Four years ago… 1998” the man scalded Victor, “That woman… the one that you robbed… She was going to have a baby… and then, your selfish actions… you injured her… causing her to… lose the baby…” Victor had burst out in tears of regret and anger. “Stop it! Please I don’t want to remember! I get it now! I’m sorry! I would do anything to change it! Please stop!”

He was pulled back to the present. “You have been given… another chance… the Time Agency… they sent me to this… specific… universe… There are an infinite number of realities, and universes… my dear Mr Pryce… In some of these realities… these events could never happen… ever… but unfortunately in a few of them… this baby will always be born… this is the last reality there is… the final one… in which this baby may not grow up… and destroy the future… this is the only one where events are not… fixed… the only one where… these specific events can be… rewritten… Now, Mr Pryce… now, you understand…” He nodded amongst all the tears running down his face. “The baby… two more days… correct?”
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 4 Mar 2018 - 18:29

Save the Future #5 – Adware:

“Charles listen, it’s me Victor. I’m afraid I won’t be coming in today… Family emergency,” considering what Victor had been asked to do, he was hardly in any shape to go into work for the next few days. He had returned to his apartment, and again, ‘The Friend’ had returned. “Gosh, you startled me. We literally saw each other an hour ago. Can’t you give me some peace?” He was sitting on the sofa, looking out of Victor’s apartment. “You don’t really… want that… do you, Mr. Pryce?” he turned to face him, “I can sense that… you want… an answer… a question… Ask it”. “Well, I have many questions really. I doubt you’ll answer any of them though”. “Perhaps not… but there is one that I will… allow… the biggest one… on your mind…” Victor sat down.

“So, this baby… If I ki-” He couldn’t bring himself to confess his possible future actions. “You know what I mean. If that happens, then it won’t grow up to do all these disastrous things which you talk about. Therefore, you will never have any reason to be sent back to this time and tell me what you need me to do. So then I won’t do… you know what. Therefore, the baby still grows up anyway to these actions and it can’t be stopped and boom, we’re trapped in a paradox”. “Not exactly… Mr Pryce…” he walked over to him. “I have been… projected… across… from another timeline… A timeline which is decaying… due to the action of… the baby… Hence my ability to… disappear and… reappear. I can… switch… between the two universes… without long-term damage… using this briefcase…” Victor shook his head, “But that still doesn’t explain it…” The man rolled his eyes and sat down, “The events which… sent me here… they will only happen in… my timeline… Here, thanks to… you… they will not… Therefore, there will be no… paradox. With this being the last… and only saveable… timeline… where this baby is born… it is time to save the future…

22nd May 2002
“Charles. It’s me again. I won’t be in today either,” with an even shorter message than yesterday, he put the phone down. Using the information that he had been given the previous morning by ‘The Friend’, Victor looked at the clock; the time was ’07:51’, he stared at it for the remainder of the minute, and it changed over to ’07:52’. He breathed deeply, “Twenty-four hours… and then the baby is born. Oh god,” Victor was starting to realise the immorality of what he was doing, “And in forty-eight hours… there won’t be a baby…” He began to cry subtly. “Mr Pryce…” ‘The Friend’ had returned again, which annoyed Victor, as he dried his eyes. “I’m sure you are… aware… of how much time… remains…” he nodded. “Make sure you are… careful… If you make… too much of… a fuss… you may… attract attention… the Judoon, the Atraxi, the Memory Police even… may all be… alerted… to your… time crime… yes, time crime… the act of… perverting the future… Of course the future is not… set… but certain… ‘narrow-minded’ species… they will fail to realise this…” Victor hadn’t processed anything the man had just said, he was too distraught. “I need to go shopping,” he picked up his wallet and left the apartment. “You’re welcome to stay,” he called back as he left.

The whole time Victor was out, he was struggling to cope. His mind flooded with unwanted memories of the past and the near future alike. People in the shopping centre had approached him and asked if he was ok, he did not look well. He checked his watch far too frequently, so far as to every minute or two. It changed to ’19:52’ and he closed his eyes, breathing deeply. “12 hours…” he said to himself, frightfully.
He got home at ’20:03’, placing all the bags down on the kitchen side. He took some medicine capsules. “You said I could stay…” the dark-creepy voice taunted from behind. Victor turned to face him, “If you can go to that ‘other timeline’… why don’t you just go there and leave me alone… For just one night!” He raged and threw one of the shopping bags at the ground. “You’re afraid… Remember what I said… Mr Pryce… Fear creates Fury… Fury creates-” “-detterence, deterrence creates betrayal. Yeah, yeah I remember,” Victor interrupted. “Good… Then you know what will… happen to you… if you follow that path… you betray us… you know… where it is… you will be placed… for the rest of time… and beyond it… Victor cursed under his breath, “Of course I do. I mean, I am 100% completely dedicated to your cause. I’m willing to… to do this.” The man was not convinced. “What? Ok fine, I’m scared. You’re asking me to willingly kill a newborn! Just let me rest for tonight… ok? I’ll be fine in the morning… Go on! Go! Leave me!” The man stood up, “The cat ornament… from a few days ago… a small gift… from me, from my universe… That will be the… last face… you ever see… should you fail to… complete this task…” His sinister laugh remained as he faded from view…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 17:34

Save the Future #6 – Spyware:

23rd May 2002
“Charles it’s me yet again. This is the last day I’m going to be off,” And with yet an even shorter message he put the phone down. “Well then… here I am at last…” he checked his watch, noticing the time to be 15:06. Since the baby had been born a few hours ago, Victor had presumed it would’ve been taken to the baby room. He took a final deep breath before entering the hospital.

“Can I help you?” The receptionist asked, “Yes I’m looking for the baby room. You see my wife was brought in earlier, and I’ve only just got here… heavy traffic you know.” The receptionist nodded, “And what is your wife’s name? I can find her on here.” Victor looked blank, “She told me the baby was in the baby room. If you could just point me in the right direction that’d be fine…” He needed excuses now. “Of course, it’s just down that corridor on the first right.” Victor nodded, “Perfect, thanks.” He headed down, but there was still clear regret and fear on his face.

Victor entered the baby room, there were no other adults in the room with him. He produced a small piece of paper from his coat pocket and unfolded it. It had a name on it, he folded it back up and put it away again. Searching around the room, he eventually found the right baby. “Hello, baby Elliot…” He looked down at the baby. “Wow, look at you… You’re definitely not the cutest baby I’ve ever seen, but you’re high up nonetheless!” Baby Elliot was still asleep. “One day, Elliot… One day… Somewhere… you grew up. Must’ve lived quite a healthy life to reach at least 118 years of age. The thing is, in the Year 2120… you did something… something bad, or so I’m told. Apparently you caused quite a lot of damage to the lives of thousands, probably more. Considering over the past 50 years the population has increased by 3 billion, and I dread to think how many there will be over 100 years from now. Quite surplus, I would imagine. The point is, Elliot, for the sake of everyone living in that future, and for the sake of everyone living now… you can’t do those terrible things. So here’s what you need to do. Make sure that as you grow up, that you never act out of anger, or hatred, or vengeance. Make sure you’re polite to everyone you meet. Make sure you’re always a good Samaritan. Be the best you can be. This time, change the world for the better… not the worse.” He smiled, and bowed down to kiss baby Elliot, “Good luck…”

“He did not live to 118 years…” ‘The Friend’ had appeared behind Victor. “He used a… shortcut… and cheated the… continuum… In every outcome… That it what happened… Except for this one… Now you must… Stop him… from ever reaching that… machine… You are the only one who can… Victor. Do it… do it now.” He shook his head and smiled cunningly, “Nah.” The man stepped back, “Mr Pryce… You will carry out the task… this is your final warning…” Again, he shook his head. “I don’t care what happens to me. You said it yourself, ‘this timeline’ is different. Therefore, for all you know, perhaps he will never grow up to be evil. Maybe baby Elliot over here will grow up to change the world for the better… Maybe one day he’ll stop the Time Agency. And do you know what? I hope you’re on the receiving end of that if and when he does.” The man was irritated, “I carry out my… promises… Mr Pryce… You will suffer for… the rest of… and beyond… time! No matter how… hard… anyone looks for you… you will never be found… EVER! Now… Victor… Now… I find you guilty…” He snapped his fingers, as Victor quickly faded away, with a look of bravery on his face.

And again, he was back in that empty pitch-black dimension. Again, he could hear everything happening within his body. But nonetheless, he smiled; although again, he could hear his cheekbones shifting to produce that expression. “Save the future, Elliot… Save the future…” he gently said, still smiling. The words echoed out, but reverberated back to him again, getting louder each time. Yet still, he stood there smiling…

‘The Friend’ was watching over baby Elliot. “You had better do… something good… an innocent man has just… given up his… soul… his life and afterlife alike… to keep you alive… the biggest sacrifice… ever made…” He turned away from baby Elliot. “I am… returning… to your timeline… boss…” In one hand he firmly gripped his briefcase, while in the other he held on to the cat ornament. Then at last, ‘The Friend’ faded away out of this timeline; forever…

And so this brings the spin-off series to a close. Hope you enjoyed it!
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down