Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Series 11 rumors

Go down

Series 11 rumors

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 9:22

Via Doctor Who TV:

More big changes for Doctor Who, if recent press rumours are to be believed!
This year’s Series 11 will air in a Sunday slot rather than the traditional Saturday evenings, according to the Mirror.
Their online report states:
Doctor Who could be time travelling for real this year – from Saturday nights to Sundays.
The show launched on a Saturday teatime in 1963 and while other slots have been tried over the decades it has always returned to its ­original position.
But in recent years the BBC series has struggled in the autumn ratings because Strictly Come Dancing forces it later into the evening, meaning the youngest fans lose out.
Viewing figures of 7.3million in 2014 dropped to 5.5million last year.
The next series, in which Jodie Whittaker makes her debut as the Time Lord, is also the first for new show runner Chris Chibnall and insiders say pushing the show back 24 hours may prove attractive.
Our on-set spy reveals: “On Saturdays everything has to fit around Strictly. Moving Doctor Who to a Sunday could make perfect sense. It is a serious option.”
The source adds: “Chris is taking Doctor Who apart to give it a revamp. The only things viewers will immediately recognise are the sonic screwdriver, the TARDIS and the theme tune.”

Last edited by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 15:53; edited 1 time in total
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Series 11 rumors

Post by Dalek on Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 10:55

I'd actually be really happy with this, Saturday nights have unfortunately gone back to the way they used to be before the Who relaunch, with three reality shows in a row before the news and not much else, and putting Who on a Sunday, perhaps in the 8 or 9 drama slot, would really help it become more visible, which is what it really needs to be right now.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 16:52

8 or 9 slot? Kids would be in bed then. If they move it to Sunday more like 5pm I'd guess.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 16:56

This just boosts my theory that the target audience is being redirected. If they still wanted younger viewers to watch, it wouldn't be on a Sunday night, kids will obviously be in bed due to the week starting the following day.

I was at first going to kick off, but I'm actually alright with this. If anything I'm more blown away by the fact that I'll be in college by this point.
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 8:38

Only a rumour and I can't see them moving it to a late slot. Remember Capaldi and Moffat were not happy about series 9 being on later.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 10:15

But with Series 9, that was pushed back by Strictly, which took the Saturday primetime slot, so understandable they were unhappy with the late slot because Strictly took all their viewers. There isn't really a covetable primetime slot on a Sunday, the closest is Songs of Praise or Countryfile in the daytime, or the 8 or 9 drama slot, which would work better for Who on a Sunday. Also, I can't stress enough how little live viewing figures matter right now.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 15:55

As I said before its aimed at Kids (I can't see that changing) so earlier in the day. Amother rumor is Billie Piper is retruning.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 16:24

Actually you're right. As nice as it would be to have it later, It can't be. I mean there's no reason for it to go past the watershed, which I think is either at 9 or 10.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 23:31

Its 9pm.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 11 Mar 2018 - 22:13

Could series 11 be released in one go on I player? See
Cult Box

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 11 Mar 2018 - 22:22

Eh.

That's all I have to say
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 16 Mar 2018 - 8:33

According to the Mirror, the new series will aim to educate & entertain.
The original remit for the show in the 60s was to be educational, with stories like Marco Polo. But it was found as we all know that kids wanted monsters like the Daleks.
The report begins:

New Doctor Who boss Chris Chibnall is keen to make the show as educational as it is entertaining – just as it set out to be in the 1960s.

With that in mind he has embarked on a mission for the Doctor’s new friends Ryan and Yasmin to be transported back in time to witness historical events that are particularly relevant to their own ethnic backgrounds.

The teens, played by former Hollyoaks stars Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill, have already filmed with Doctor Jodie Whittaker in Cape Town, South Africa which doubled as 1950s America.

In the plot the Time Lord comes face to face with American civil rights activist Rosa Parks, who in 1955 famously refused to give up her seat on the bus for a white passenger, sparking the beginning of the end for segregation. See the article in the

MIRROR

Do you think it would work? If its a balance of educational and sci fi it might, but do kids want to be educated by sci fi?
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Fri 16 Mar 2018 - 19:39

I think kids really need to be educated-I have seen first hand what they're teaching primary school kids now, and some of the English nonsense they force into them is enough to make my head hurt, and I have an A Level in the thing. Without meaning to sound like an old man complaining about the way society is, young kids really spend too much time with technology, with which they learn nothing from. On Saturday, I saw a girl of eight struggle to add 2 and 2, and yesterday I saw a ten year old boy fail to read the word 'chair'. Honestly, I feel sorry for today's children.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 8:28

But parents have a role. I want to see Doctor Who being a sci fi show batteling monsters.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 9:46

Guess this kind of throws away everything I said about the target audience changing. I hate to be negative guys, but I don't really like this educational idea.

Sure, it's what the show was back in the 60s, but also in the 60s it was this absolutely mad and a wonderful idea - the whole concept of time travel blew everyone's minds. But nowadays, the blue police box is basically a symbol for British television by now.

I agree with Admin that this is meant to be a sci-fi show. Having the Doctor fighting Cybermen and crazy sci-fi things one minute and then witnessing the bus boycott the next seems like a bit of an unorganised mess to me.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 21:02

Agree Last. In the 60s that was the idea to be educational. but that idea went out the window after the success of the Daleks. Yes Marco Polo followed it as did the Reign of Terror but they had been written by the time the show had started. The Romans in season two is not really historical.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down