Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Rank Doctor Who

Go down

Rank Doctor Who

Post by Dalek on Sun 7 Jan 2018 - 19:30

This is basically a games thread, where, every so often, I'll ask you to rank various aspects of Doctor Who according to a number of factors. They're not always going to be opinion based, sometimes (like this first one), will be guesses as to where they're placed on random lists. No reason for this, just a bit of fun, so please enjoy! The first question is-

Which Doctors do you think have had their picture printed the most times?

Clarification: Simple really, rank the Doctors according to who you think has had their pictures printed the most. Bear in mind, this encompasses not only official merchandise like DVDs, videos, books, audios, comics, etc. but newspapers and magazines, TV listings, etc. The list can factor in non Who roles, and also items such as illustrations or figures which don't capture their image exactly, but they still count. Here's mine-

1. David Tennant
2. Matt Smith
3. Jodie Whittaker
4. Peter Davison
5. Jon Pertwee
6. Peter Capaldi
7. John Hurt
8. Christopher Eccleston
9. Tom Baker
10. Patrick Troughton
11. Paul McGann
12.William Hartnell
13. Sylvester McCoy
14. Colin Baker
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Re: Rank Doctor Who

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 7 Jan 2018 - 20:09

1. Peter Capaldi
2. David Tennant
3. Matt Smith
4. John Hurt
5. Jodie Whittaker
6. Paul McGann
7. Tom Baker
8. Sylvester McCoy
9. Christoper Eccleston
10. Colin Baker
11. Jon Pertwee
12. Patrick Troughton 
13. William Hartnell
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 7:52

Today's question is-

Who would make up the guest list of your ideal convention?

Clarification-Simple enough, who would you love to be at a convention? I'll be a bit kinder with this one, you can have one guest per Doctor (in the case of actors who've been with multiple Doctors, they can be categorized with the Doctors they're most associated with-for example, Frazer Hines would be 2nd Doctor, not 6th Doctor just because they were in The Two Doctors together, but Nicola Bryant could be with both 5 and 6 because they actually travelled together), and also a guest for each of the official spin-off series. Anybody can be included-actors, writers, directors, even Big Finish!

1. William Russell
2. Anneke Wills
3. Damaris Hayman
4. Lalla Ward
5. Janet Fielding
6. Brian Blessed
7. Lisa Bowerman
8. Paul McGann
9. Camille Coduri
10. Bernard Cribbins
11. Jemma Redgrave
12. Ingrid Oliver
13. Bradley Walsh
Torchwood-Eve Myles
Sarah Jane Adventures-Daniel Anthony
Class-Sophie Hopkins
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 7:59

1. Carol Anne Ford
2. Frazer Hines
3. John Levene
4. Louise Jameson
5. Nichola Bryant
6. Terry Molloy
7. Sylvester McCoy
8. Paul McGann
9. Billie Piper
10. Catherine Tate
11. Matt Smith
12. Peter Capaldi / Michelle Gomez
13. Jodie Whittaker 
Torchwood - Burn Gorman
SJA - Tommy Knight
Class - Katherine Kelly
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 19:23

More of a simple top 10 question today-

What are your favourite Doctor Who print fiction stories?

Clarification: A list of your top ten favourite stories of the printed word, including all sorts of books, full length, short stories, novellas, etc. Comics don't count (they're getting their own category tomorrow), but any other type of Doctor Who story told via words on paper is fine! If you like, you can include the writer, Doctor and companions like I'm doing, but it's not essential. Spin-off books do count. Here's mine-

1. The Witch Hunters-Steve Lyons, 1st Doctor, Susan, Ian and Barbara
2. Nothing O'clock (50th Anniversary Short Story)-Neil Gaiman, 11th Doctor and Amy
3. Beautiful Chaos-Gary Russell, 10th Doctor, Donna and Wilf
4. Doctor Who and the Daemons-Barry Letts, 3rd Doctor, Jo, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
5. Big Bang Generation-Gary Russell, 12th Doctor and Benny
6. Torchwood-Slow Decay-Andy Lane, Jack, Gwen, Ianto, Owen, Tosh and Rhys
7. The Angel's Kiss (Short Story)-Justin Richards, River Song
8. Autonomy-Daniel Blythe, 10th Doctor
9. System Wipe (Novella)-Oli Smith, 11th Doctor, Amy and Rory
10. The Nightmare of Black Island-Mike Tucker, 10th Doctor and Rose
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 10:39

As promised, here is today's question with my list-

What are your Top 10 Doctor Who comics?

Clarification: A list of your top 10 Doctor Who stories told via the comic medium, i.e. with pictures and speech bubbles, either released as an independent comic or serialised, i.e. DWM. They can be from any official source-DWM, Titan, IDW, DWA, Battles in Time, TV Comic, etc. For further clarification, a complete story refers to a full narrative made up of however many parts it officially states itself to be. Put simply, there have been a number of arc based stories in DWM and Titan, but a complete story may be each independent title or independent titles with an overarching title which can make a complete story in itself or when inserted into a wider narrative. Without further waffle, here's my list, alongside the publisher and Doctor and companions featured in it.

1. The Comfort of the Good-Titan, 11th Doctor, Alice, Jones and Arc
2. Hunters of the Burning Stone-DWM, 11th Doctor, Ian and Barbara
3. The Weeping Angels of Mons-Titan, 10th Doctor and Gabby
4. The Blood of Azrael-DWM, 11th Doctor and Clara
5. The Crimson Hand-DWM, 10th Doctor and Majenta
6. Fractures-Titan, 12th Doctor and Clara
7. Four Doctors-Titan, War, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth Doctors, Rose, Gabby, Alice and Clara
8. The Wolves of Winter-Titan, 12th Doctor and Bill
9. Four Dimensions-Titan, 11th Doctor, Alice, Jones and Arc
10. Pull To Open-Titan, 11th Doctor, Alice, the Squire and Abslom Daak
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 19:05

When do we get the next question?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 19:33

Here's another one for you-

Top 10 Big Finish Spin-Offs you want to see-

Clarification: Apparently, Big Finish release a minimum of three Who related titles a month (guessing this is monthly range, then a short trip, box set, Torchwood, etc.?), and so obviously there are lots of gaps for spin-off potential. List here ten ideas for box sets (following the usual BF format, four linked stories) related to the Whoniverse. They can be serious or silly, or a mixture as I'm doing (you'll be able to tell the daft ones), but write away! My list takes the form of a title, description and cast.

1. The Paternoster Gang-Further Adventures of the Victorian Investigators-Starring Neve McIntosh, Catrin Stewart and Dan Starkey
2. When I Met The Doctor-Anthology tales of ordinary people meeting the Doctor and him changing their lives-Starring Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Peter Davison, Sarah Sutton, Paul McGann, David Tennant and Freema Agyeman
3. Kookaburra-Chloe Webber is left to save Dame Kelly Holmes Close by herself as her father returns as a colossal super-monster-Starring whoever played Chloe Webber and Nina Sosanya (this is the piss take if you can't tell)
4. LINDA (no, seriously)-Elton Pope heads the new LINDA hoping to track down the Doctor once and for all-Starring Marc Warren, some unknowns and a cameo from Matt Smith
5. The Sketchbook of Gabby Gonzalez-Audios linked to the Titan Tenth Doctor series-Starring David Tennant and somebody who'd be a good match for Gabby
6. The Immortal and the Waitress-Clara and Ashildr-well, it's going to happen one day-Starring Jenna Coleman and Maisie Williams
7. Life of Nardole-Based around when Nardole had control of the TARDIS during The Return of Doctor Mysterio, obviously going to do the Constantinople story-Starring Matt Lucas
8. The Companions of the Doctor-Another anthology with stories featuring companions after they've left the Doctor-Starring Carole Ann Ford, Katy Manning, Nicola Bryant and Billie Piper
9. Soul of Bessie-After Idris has returned to her box form, 11 gets lonely and starts to transfer Bessie's soul into a robot body (not really)-Starring Matt Smith and Joanna Lumley or somebody of that vein
10. Treasures of the Universe-Completely ordinary radio dramas into which the Doctor pops and causes havoc-like the 5th Doctor story Special Features-Starring Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Matt Smith and Jodie Whittaker (I know she'll not be doing BF for a while but I can dream!)
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 9:49

1. Amy and Rory's life in New York
2. The Master's Life between Delgado and Decayed version
3. A return story for the Krotons
4. The Cybermen on Marinus
5. A Civil War between the Silurians and the Sea Devils 
6. What happened to the Paternoster Gang
7. A return story for the Wirrn
8. Another parallel universe adventure (like Turn Left)
9. A story with the 2nd and 7th Doctors against Omega
10. An origin story for the Zygons
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 20:48

Today's question is the first in a linked set of 5-

Which 10 stories from the 60s would you show to someone who's never seen Doctor Who?

Clarification: Simply, which 10 stories describe 60s Who in a nutshell? They can be the essentials, the plain good or the plain bad, just so they know what they're getting themselves in for. Try to select stories representative of all of the era-i.e. historicals, future, different companions, etc. Missing episode reconstructions do count. You can also provide brief descriptions of why you've chosen them if you like. You can probably guess the next ones will be 70s, 80s, 00s and 10s. Here's my list-

1. An Unearthly Child-The first one, obviously. Although maybe I'd spare them the caveman episodes-personally, I like them but I've heard from newcomers they can be a slow start.
2. The Daleks-Another obvious choice, it's iconic and one of the faster seven parters.
3.The Aztecs-My favourite historical and a good showcase for Barbara.
4. The Dalek Invasion of Earth-The show's first sequel and companion departure, so it's a no brainer really.
5. The Rescue-Short, sweet and something a bit different.
6. The Tenth Planet-First regeneration, first Cybermen, obviously.
7. The Tomb of the Cybermen-Quintessential Troughton, and as the earliest story, the best to show to a first timer-you could say the Power animation, but live action shows off his character better.
8.The Web of Fear-Scary, thrilling and oh-so-60s.
9. The Mind Robber-Again, something different and a good story to showcase Zoe for the first time.
10. The War Games-The ultimate test of a friendship, sitting down and knocking out a ten parter in one night. If they can do this for you, they can do anything.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 21:02

1. The Daleks - The introduction of what could be one of the most iconic pieces of British television, in fact Britain as a whole even.
2. The Tenth Planet - Again, introduces an iconic villain, as well as the iconic conception of regeneration. 
3. Power of the Daleks - The fact that it has been reanimated would help someone new to understand how important 60s stories are.
4. The War Games - Introduces the Time Lords, another vital icon.
5. An Unearthly Child - "Yes it all started out as a minor curiosity in a junkyard..."
6. The War Machines - Very much a "Black Mirror" style of warning about computers and technology as a whole, and how in a hypothetical future perhaps they may overrule us.
7. The Invasion - Quite an important event in Cyber history. It lays down the foundation for future stories such as Attack of the Cybermen, and it's also one of the more relatable stories as it takes place in a familiar location, and has villains that are not too farfetched from reality.
8. The Dalek Invasion of Earth - "One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye Susan, goodbye my dear." Possibly the most iconic speech in Who history, one that we can all recite by heart. 
9. The Web of Fear - The root of all murder mystery. One of the few genuinely intense and heart-racing stories. It also reflects how difficult the Doctor's life is, just one mistake or brave attempt can completely derail his plan. In this story in fact, the villain actually is not defeated, all because of someone pulling a brave stunt!
10. The Twin Dilemma - Now hear me out, yes this is indeed the worst story to ever exist in all of Fiction, and that's why I recommend it. Sure, Doctor Who has brilliant stories, but it would also be important to show to someone new that Doctor Who has flaws as well, just like anything else. That must be understood by any new viewer before they can become a Whovian. This story resonates it perfectly.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 8:07

I don't need to explain anything for today's, just the same as yesterday's but a decade forward in time.

Which ten stories from the 70s would you show to somebody who's never seen Doctor Who before?

1. Spearhead from Space-A brilliant introduction to Doctor Who and a good story in its own right.
2. The Daemons-Brilliant black magic tale which has good parts for Jo and the Master for a new viewer.
3. Day of the Daleks-You've got to get Daleks in somewhere, and this is a clever story as well.
4. The Three Doctors-Well, obviously. Three Doctors, Jo, the Brig and Omega, you can't go wrong.
5. Planet of the Spiders-One of my favourite regeneration stories, and Episode 2 has to be one of the best things ever.
6. Genesis of the Daleks-Some say it's a classic, others say it's overrated, so let them make their own minds up.
7. Pyramids of Mars-Even better if they've read the Tenth Doctor Titan comics.
8. The Talons of Weng-Chiang-A six parter that doesn't drag that sets up an iconic double act.
9. The Stones of Blood-My favourite of the Key to Time stories, with some very powerful women.
10. City of Death-Potentially the best story ever, comedy and drama mixed to perfection. Exquisite; absolutely exquisite.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 16:33

1. Terror of the Autons - Has all the iconic features of Classic Who. The Master, UNIT, another recurring villain, everything that a fan would need to get and insight into the show is within this story.
2. Pyramids of Mars - Regarded as one of the greatest Doctor Who stories. Definitely one that any new Whovian should watch.
3. Genesis of the Daleks - Need I say anything? It introduces Davros, shows the Daleks' origins, and reflects to us how even the Doctor has his own boundaries, "Do I have the right?"
4. The Ark in Space - Humans are evolving. This story is more than just a Doctor Who tale, it actually shows us what we could become if we're not too careful.
5. Frontier in Space - The Master and the Daleks. Surprisingly, the only story in which these two classic villains actually unite. Cannot miss this.
6. Planet of the Daleks - Again, gives us more insight into the Daleks, mainly the hierarchy. We also get to see how ruthless they truly are, exterminating their own for simple failure.
7. Robot - Introduces one of the greatest Doctors of all time, and doesn't waste too much time explaining regeneration. The explanation is fairly condensed. It has all the good characters too: 4th Doctor, Brigadier, Sarah, Harry. One that cannot be missed!
8. Terror of the Zygons - Similar to the last one, this story also has all the good characters. It also introduces a villain that is mildly terrifying in its first few appearances. It also makes you wonder, a creature that can shapeshift? Hmm....
9. The Invasion of Time - One of the greatest and earliest explanations of Gallifrey and the Time Lords. And additionally, it features a fantastic villain. The Sontarans! Their introduction in this story is a twist in itself. Just when the story wraps up after four parts, you get caught off guard with another two episodes to go!
10. The Mind of Evil - A typical Doctor Who adventure. One that can get a new fan easily used to the kind of surprises and villains they can expect from the show.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 14:10

Good choices! Obviously, it's the 80s today-

1. Logopolis-Probably wildly confusing to a newcomer, but it's an essential farewell to a truly iconic Doctor.
2. Castrovalva-Obviously a good intro to Davison and needed sequel to Logopolis, good to do the two together if you're binging.
3. Earthshock-First death of a proper companion and intimidating Cybermen, an enjoyable watch.
4. The Five Doctors-The anniversary story is quintessential Who, and fun if you've already done the 60s and 70s marathons to spot all the old faces.
5. The Caves of Androzani-Voted the best story ever and although some say it doesn't deserve its accolade, it's a hell of a good story at any rate.
6. Attack of the Cybermen-Laughable and so bad it's good, as opposed to some of the other plain bad stories in the decade.
7. Terror of the Vervoids-The whole Trial season might be a bit much for a newbie, so I'd just do the first episode to set everything up and this four parter which is probably the most interesting.
8. Remembrance of the Daleks-My favourite Dalek story perhaps, and a great 25th anniversary tale.
9. The Curse of Fenric-An intriguing story and the first semblance of a story arc, perfect for a new series fan.
10. Survival-A great closer for the classic series which leaves the door open for more.

And, just for fun, the 90s-
1. Doctor Who (The TV Movie)-It might not be great, but it's literally your only choice.
2. The Curse of Fatal Death-It might not be canon, but it's fun.
1295820221232-Dimensions in Time-Literally anything is better than this.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 16:34

1. Earthshock - A genuinely good Cyberman story. Also features an actual companion death. The depth and uniqueness of this story really sets it off. There's also some great stunt effects here.
2. Survival - The last story of the original series, and what some consider to be the end of the show regardless. The story itself isn't one of the best, but the undertones and the final showdown between the Master and the Doctor set it off. And of course, "There are worlds out there where the skies are burning..."
3. The Five Doctors - The title pretty much reasons itself.
4. Warriors of the Deep - Yes, the actual visuals for this story are among the worst the show has ever seen, but when you actually step back and look at the story, it's actually an amazing concept: The Silurians and the Sea Devils? Brokering a peace between humanity and an alien race? A truly masterful concept.
5. The Arc of Infinity - There's a lot in this story, at the forefront you have the return of Omega. But additionally, you get to explore more rooms of the TARDIS, really interesting stuff to be honest.
6. The Ultimate Foe - This story is an epic, I would've put it higher on the list if it lasted for longer. Unfortunately it's only two parts and quite short, but it's entirely set on Gallifrey/The Matrix, it wraps up the entire season neatly, and has the Master in it. But as if that wasn't already enough for the Doctor to handle, he encounters a dark amalgamation of himself, and toys with his future. My one plothole with this story is that technically it is multi-doctor, so therefore he shouldn't be able to remember its events yet still does, but hey-ho.
7. The Curse of Fenric - The last story produced for the classic series, and the last typically-styled Doctor Who adventure as well. Aside from the Doctor-Ace dynamic, this is a great place for any new fan to enter the fandom of the Whoniverse.
8. Revelation of the Daleks - Not the Daleks at their best, granted, but this story doesn't hold back from horror at all. The actual story itself has some genuinely disturbing themes to it, making it more realistic. I won't spoil the surprise for those who haven't seen this one, I would recommend you do so immediately, there is a certain thing about the Daleks that makes this their most disturbing appearance yet...
9. Remembrance of the Daleks - By this point, it's been a while since the Daleks had a story focused on them rather than the Doctor fighting them. Here we get to see how there is a civil war among the Daleks, and get to see more of the hierarchy and their weapons. I mean, they can even weaponize children!
10. Vengeance on Varos - A typical Doctor Who story, but nonetheless a good place to start.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Wed 17 Jan 2018 - 8:09

Well, on with the 00s. Just to be clear, although The End of Time was only half a 00s story, I'll let you count Part 2 in this list as well if you want to (well, it was probably still 2009 somewhere in the world).

1. Rose-Fast, fun and fantastic-the perfect reintroduction to Doctor Who for a modern audience which still works twelve years later.
2. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances-If you're doing Torchwood as well in this marathon, it's a great story to introduce Captain Jack and also the one which traumatised an entire generation-"Are you my mummy?" is still recognisable all this time later.
3. Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways-Obvious really, the farewell to Eccleston but it's also a good Dalek story and the theme on oversaturation of game shows is still relevant today.
4. School Reunion-Glorious reunion for two of the best classic companions, and great to finally see Mickey get involved with the plot properly.
5. Army of Ghosts/Doomsday-An iconic story which sees the Daleks and Cybermen fight for the first time and also sees Rose bid goodbye in a scene voted the best in science-fiction.
6. Blink-Voted the second best story ever, and a creepy tale seeing a pre-fame Carey Mulligan and the Weeping Angels making their scariest debut.
7. Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords-A truly epic finale in which all hell breaks loose which is the closest the new series has come to emulating the classics.
8. Midnight-A genuinely unique tale and one of the most adult episodes the show has produced, with an unnerving idea at its core.
9. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End-Everything but the kitchen sink is thrown into this great show which bids a premature farewell to four fantastic series which reignited a dead show.
10. The End of Time-Another epic finale for the Tenth Doctor which balances comedy and drama in a fitting tribute to the RTD era.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 17 Jan 2018 - 11:15

I have thought of one, ill do it later when I have time, it will be interesting Wink
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 17 Jan 2018 - 16:31

My list is only going to be 7-long as I'm pressed for time, but I also can't find enough recommendations to stretch it to 10.

1. Utopia / Sound of Drums / Last of the Time Lords - An epic reunion for the Doctor and the Master. You have to watch all three episodes for the emotions to really work. This story was very much centred around those two classic characters, and makes for excellent storytelling.
2. Rose - The first story of the new series, an excellent point to start considering the modern era is more likely to be a new fan's style.
3. Smith and Jones - This story marks the beginning of the golden era of the new series. The first two may be well and dandy, but things really pick up with the third series. This story introduces a new companion and a new monster, both of which recur in stories even after this series is over. A great one to watch, as the aspects of it can make a new fan one day go "Ah yes! I remember the Judoon!"
4. The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit - A perfect balance between Sci-Fi and Thriller. This story is truly remarkable, and it even foreshadows the eventual downfall of Rose. All the characters in it absolutely nail their roles, and you are likely to recognise a few of them.
5. Army of Ghosts / Doomsday - Daleks vs Cybermen for the first time ever, surprisingly it took 45 years for this concept to be brought to life, but it was worth every second. This is a story which no new fan should miss. 
6. Bad Wolf / Parting of the Ways - The most tear-jerking episodes of this entire era. There are moments here that will shock any new Whovian, and by the end of it, it leaves you in a complete emotional mess. You can relate to and connect with the characters here, as the given scenario really puts them to the test.
7. Blink - This story introduces the Weeping Angels. One of the most chilling and mysterious villains of all time. Naturally this episode spawns a lot of plot holes for future stories, but that doesn't stop the work itself from being great TV. Even now, we still don't know what the weeping angels look like outside of quantum-lock, nor what their true origin is - although they are possibly time lords.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:04

1. The Eleventh Hour Good story, good introduction to the Eleventh Doctor, took to Matt Smith straight away.
2. The Beast Below Interesting idea but felt it a bit flat.
3. Victory of the Daleks Started off good, lots of good ideas, but then how come no one bats at eye lid at Spitfires in space, Ironside Daleks a brillaint concept. Paradigm Daleks, aka fatleks, tellytubby Daleks, rainbow Daleks etc, bad idea. If they had made them without the hump on the back maybe they would of looked better, but they should of just put a thicker base onto the bronze Daleks and that would of been more effective.
4. The Time of Angels Another River Song & weeping Angels story, I enjoyed this a lot, creepy.  Intersting how River timeline played out, she had a great entrance to the Tardis!
5. Flesh and Stone More crack in the wall, Amy blind and walking through the forest was scary.
6. The Vampires of Venice Good odea but dissapointed they were not realy proper vampires. Bit of a let down. Ending makes me cringe, Amy saying 'I got my boys' and Rory so under the thumb its embarrassing
7. Amy's Choice Great stuff, Dreamlord was excellent, very creepy. Rory dying in the dreamworld a shock.
8. The Hungry Earth All Ill say is the new Silurians no way as effective as the original versions in 1970.
9. Cold Blood The Doctor putting his hand into the crack and finding part of the Tardis was good, Rory dying was a shock.
10. Vincent and the Doctor Kindof a historical tale as we found out what happend to Van gogh
11. The Lodger I liked that this story was mostly the Doctor and the Lodger and the Doctor finding it a bit awkward fitting in to present day earth. Having said that either he doesn't rember his third incarnation who was exiled to earth, in fact all his predecessors managed to be on Earth without a problem.
12. The Pandorica Opens Liked the story, the stone Daleks worked, the Pandorica was cool and the Doctors speach to all the aliens was fab. Having the Romans as Autons didn't work, where was the  Nestene intelligence to control them, Rory killing Amy was a good twist.
13. The Big Bang After the Pandorica opens this was a let down, took Steven Moffat two years to answer some of the questions from this story, we dound out in Matt Smiths final episode, Time of the Doctor.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Thu 18 Jan 2018 - 8:21

Good post, are you going to be doing reviews for all the Matt Smith series, or more? Looking forward to it if you do.
Now, without further ado, the final in my first-time Who mini-series-the 2010s.

1.The Eleventh Hour-One of the best new Doctor stories which introduces three important characters and still finds time to have an innovative plot.
2. The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang-The first part is brilliant, the second is alright, but it's an important character piece for the four regulars and is sort of needed to understand later parts of the Smith era.
3. The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People-An interesting moral dilemma story with rounded one off characters, with only a somewhat rushed resolution disappointing. The ending is a real shock too.
4. The Girl Who Waited-One of the most beautiful stories ever made, with real character for Amy and Rory and a new side to the Doctor shown in a story he's hardly in.
5. The Angels Take Manhattan-A touching farewell to the Ponds and the story that made the Angels scary again, if you can get past the Statue of Liberty plot hole.
6. The Name/Day/Time of the Doctor-A bit of cheating, but I've always seen this as a loose three parter. The best possible 50th anniversary story and highlight performances for Matt Smith in his swansong.
7. Deep Breath-A creepy first adventure for Capaldi showing us the mysterious new incarnation.
8. Dark Water/Death in Heaven-Missy makes her proper debut in another genuinely new story with a new sort of Cybermen.
9. Heaven Sent-An absolute masterpiece in an otherwise average series. A poetic script brought to life with vibrant cinematography in the show's most original episode.
10. World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls/Twice Upon a Time-More cheating, but another three parter to me. Everything that made the Capaldi era so good is brought back and giving a bittersweet send off in this poignant story.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 18 Jan 2018 - 16:28

1. Deep Breath - New Doctor, New villains, New companions, new era. I pick this over the 11th doctor's first adventure as that series is fairly light-hearted, where as the dark undertones in this series prove Doctor Who is more than just a show for kids.
2. World Enough and Time / The Doctor Falls - Shows off the power of the greatest villain of all the Whoniverse, the Cybermen (opinion-based statement). Even for new fans, this is a fitting one to watch, getting to know the Master, the Cybermen and even how serious the Doctor's life may be.
3. The Day of the Doctor - The 50th anniversary special. Even people who don't watch the show tuned in just for the sake of celebration. A fantastic story, and a great place to be introduced to the show.
4. The Pilot - A great episode to begin with for those who are jumping onboard with the show. Everything that needs explaining begins with this series.
5. Face the Raven - An interesting concept for a story, and it has extremely interesting elements, such as what happens to the aliens who end up on Earth. Additionally, it features a companion death. However, for that death to have an impact, you should skip the final two episodes, otherwise it gets completely ruined.
6. Heaven Sent - In my opinion, the best episode in the show's entire 50 year history, a masterpiece, something truly brilliant to come out of the TV industry. It's useful for getting to know the 12th doctor if that's the era you want to focus on, but beyond that it peels back layers of the Doctor's character too.
7. Extremis/The Pyramid/The Lie of the Land - I couldn't be bothered to type the entire name of the second episode, but this three-parter is remarkable. Each episode presents you with extreme thoughts. Extremis makes you wonder if we are living in a computer-simulated world, Pyramid makes you wonder if somewhere in the world right now doomsday could be nigh, and Lie of the Land makes you wonder if we have been brainwashed by our leaders without even knowing at some point in time.
8. Listen - Similar to #7, this story also provokes some strong thoughts. Could there truly be a creature out there that has perfected hiding, that we don't even know exists? Could it be closer than we think? Could it be right behind you...
9. The Angels Take Manhattan - One which sees the return of an amazing villain, and puts the Doctor and co. to the test. Again, this episode features a companion death. In fact, it features TWO companion deaths. While their initial death should've just been kept and the graveyard scene should've been trashed completely, it's still emotional, regardless of the big lurking plot hole that everyone has asked about.
10 - Flesh and Stone - There's a ton packed into this episode. Again, it features the Weeping Angels. But it also explains why perhaps people don't remember all the alien invasions, and on top of it all, the time field is back.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 18 Jan 2018 - 16:57

Took me ages just to do the one Dalek lol. I dunno.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down